The Official DCI Southeastern Championship Thread - July 29, 2017

Very glad they changed the ending drill! I didn't like the look of it. This is so much more appealing to my eye!

2 minutes ago, MotoSurfBass said:

It's not that it's lacking a shape... it's that it's a Looney Tunes cartoon story show, and it's just not FUNNY enough. 

Also, this Habanera section is just too slow. Too brash to be a ballad, not enough oomph to be anything else.

Ok, now the show reminds me of Bridgemen without Bobby Hoffman.

Also, how did this show get ahead of schedule?  I presume they're restarting with the schedule after intermission.

All the Academy needs now is a bullseye at the end of the show with Porky Pig coming out of it saying "That's all, folks!"

• Like 5

Academy once again personifying "charming and witty". Nice to end the first half with a big smile on my face!

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, smj02 said:

BIG sound on Anvil Chorus!

Except the anvil.  :-(

That was a big improvement from the Academy from SA in a lot of places... there's still a lot to do if these guys want even the slightest shot of being in the show on Saturday in Indy. If they want that, throw caution to the wind and just make the show as insane as possible by Indy, then sell it.

• Like 1