The Official DCI Southeastern Championship Thread - July 29, 2017

Enjoying PC more with each viewing.  Great to hear some recognizable pieces in there.  A daunting task to perform some pieces that some of the "big names" are known for having performed recently, but they do a very admirable job.  Kudos.

Just joining the conversation here, but have been watching since the Cascades.  They have one of my top three shows of the year, no doubt.  In fact, they have had some of my favorite shows each of the past 3-4 seasons.  It's amazing to see the growth, and that singer especially is so fantastic.  I love how they're utilizing her and would love to see them make one more change so she is integrated into the visual (missed opportunity: ACTUALLY setting free the singer given the lyrics...).  

I actually wonder why they're not challenging the grouping above them a bit more.  I understand that the demand isn't as high as some and that their guard in particular needs work, but they seem to be performing at a level that feels higher than where they're placing.  If not content, at least achievement feels a bit underscored in several captions, IMO.

• Like 4

Academy's the lone member of their scoring group at tonight's show.  Wonder how they'll slot in with the corps performing tomorrow.

I have a beautiful clear picture (FLO) on my computer, but when I try to show it on Apple TV, my video is HORRIBLE.  Any suggestions?

I feel sorry for the performers marching in and out of that sun/shadow 

• Like 1

Just now, EJD440 said:

I have a beautiful clear picture (FLO) on my computer, but when I try to show it on Apple TV, my video is HORRIBLE.  Any suggestions?

Don't show it on Apple TV

So...how ironic would it be if Academy ends up missing Finals by a miniscule margin?

• Like 1