Bluecoats getting the shaft this year

Just now, Brass Lover said:

Ok then. Then why do you think Crown is above Bluecoats in GE?

Because Crown is playing more traditional music for more of their show than the Bluecoats, because they're appealing to the highbrow, artsy airs that the judges like to reward, and because Bluecoats are essentially daring the judges to not reward their design that focuses on energy and audience enjoyment, and the judges are calling them on it.

The complaints about the guard uniform is a totally empty argument as there is NO evidence that they are affecting their scores at all. Absolutely ridiculous 

From what I've noticed, the Bluecoats have some serious visual issues that need fixing. Sloppy feet (though that isn't new, they were sloppy last year too) and painfully obvious inconsistencies in their dance moves. I'm no expert on this stuff but even I can spot it. They just aren't as polished as the corps ahead of them. 

With that said, I have no f*cking clue how they are behind Crown in GE. No idea at all. Their show is miles ahead in terms of subtlety and sophistication of concept/idea as well as the presentation of it.

• Like 8

4 minutes ago, Brass Lover said:

Ok then. Then why do you think Crown is above Bluecoats in GE?

I don't know, that is my exact point.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Midwest said:

It's not the placement snaxfreq, it's the score that I mostly have issue with.

In terms of placement, BD should be behind SCV, BC, CC, and Cavs this year. The sloppy bumblebee piece and the standstill drill is not impressive to me. They do have a nice ballad. I may use that to fall asleep to tonight. Sorry that hurts your feelings. 

AH the real truth comes out.  You are a BD hater.  This post is pure comedy gold.

1 minute ago, pudding said:

Because Crown is playing more traditional music for more of their show than the Bluecoats, because they're appealing to the highbrow, artsy airs that the judges like to reward, and because Bluecoats are essentially daring the judges to not reward their design that focuses on energy and audience enjoyment, and the judges are calling them on it.

So it's the judges bias. What about earlier in the season when Coats were above Crown, especially in GE? Were the judges calling them on it then? 

1 hour ago, Brass Lover said:

Maybe because they're extremely dirty and the middle of the program doesnt match the greatness of the book ends so in general it falls a little short? 

hyperbole much?

Just now, George Dixon said:

hyperbole much?

Yeah you're right, sorry. Extremely is over the top but compared to the three above them they are pretty dirty.

13 minutes ago, pudding said:

Sorry that I disagree with this. Clearly if this were the Case, they would've lost last year too. But no, they won GE by a long shot. So I don't think music selections really have anything to do with it. Honestly after reading the program notes for this show and Crown's, Crown's still makes more sense than "Jagged Line."

At the end of the day it's still one of the most entertaining shows of the year, but I don't think entertainment is a justifying reason for why a group should be in first. Clearly there isn't judges bias because they've been 4th since before SA. It isn't anything to do with the show, just performance achievement.

Edited by kinetic inferno11
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, saxfreq1128 said:

When you guys need me I'll be over here trying to figure out how 4th place in an ultra-competitive year counts as "getting the shaft."

OK - first post in this thread that made me smile.  You are funny.  Yea!

• Like 2