A Reprieve on A&E (Maybe?)

Just now, George Dixon said:

Wow folks sure are literal and cranky here 

• Like 3

Of all the amplification going on this season, he picks out SCV ampimg soloists? I mean, really, Cadets had so much amplification in Nashville that they had bad feedback four separate times, and no other corps had any. 

I totally agree about reigning in amplification, but this sounds like sour grapes to me.

• Like 8

11 minutes ago, MikeRapp said:

Of all the amplification going on this season, he picks out SCV ampimg soloists? I mean, really, Cadets had so much amplification in Nashville that they had bad feedback four separate times, and no other corps had any. 

I totally agree about reigning in amplification, but this sounds like sour grapes to me.

They were talking about amp of the brass ensemble and shooting it out thru the speakers 

2 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

They were talking about amp of the brass ensemble and shooting it out thru the speakers 

Well, he was talking about amplification in general. And I don't disagree with him, but coming from him, that's pretty disingenuous.

• Like 1

I will say, I sat next to the parents of a Music City guard member in Nashville, a girl from Indianapolis. She sat with us for most of the second half of the show, and when I asked her what her favorite shows are, she said she really didn't know because she didn't get to see but two or three because she was on pro loading duty.

That really sucks.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Just Here said:

For all the GH comments that seem more negative in tone, I am curious what people really want from the Cadets that they feel they are not getting. If they want a corps that is going to win a championship every other year, that doesn't seem realistic as the only corps that can practically guarantee such is BD. If memory serves, this is the first time the Cadets have been out of the top 5 since 1991. So...what does the audience here really want? The design of the show, in my opinion, could be better but I'm not sure this show would top five now as it did in yester-year without major tweaking.

What do we want from Cadets?

A well designed/innovative show and top tier achievement.

Pretty simple.

Edited by cadet93
  • Like 4

9 minutes ago, cadet93 said:

What do we want from Cadets?

A well designed/innovative n show and top tier achievement.

Pretty simple.

Good luck with this. There is nothing simple about it unless you are BD, whose has done this consistently for years now. I have wanted show designers and concept developers to be held to account for their lack of consistency from year to year for a while now and it seems like every time I have a negative comment by wanting the same standard for these folks as is required for the performing members, I get trashed on DCP.

Edited by Just Here
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Just Here said:

Good luck with this. There is nothing simple about it unless you are BD, whose has done this consistently for years now. I have wanted show designers and concept developers to be held to account for their lack of consistency from year to year for a while now and it seems like every time I have a negative comment by wanting the same standard for these folks as is required for the performing members, I get trashed on DCP.

Did you have a different username before?

It just seems that you might be a little overly sensitive about being challenged considering you've made a little over 20 posts to DCP excluding this topic.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, garfield said:

Did you have a different username before?

It just seems that you might be a little overly sensitive about being challenged considering you've made a little over 20 posts to DCP excluding this topic.

Yes, but it was some years ago.