A Reprieve on A&E (Maybe?)

1 hour ago, N.E. Brigand said:

The pit has been allowed to park and bark, er, bash, for 37 years. Why is it OK for them but not the brass?

Because it is hard to march vibes?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, FTNK said:

He pushed the activity to include all these things (amps, electronics) but apparently only this season thought of the consequences/going "too far"

Have you heard the term "unintended consequences"?

It's a thing 

30 minutes ago, Just Here said:

For all the GH comments that seem more negative in tone, I am curious what people really want from the Cadets that they feel they are not getting. If they want a corps that is going to win a championship every other year, that doesn't seem realistic as the only corps that can practically guarantee such is BD. If memory serves, this is the first time the Cadets have been out of the top 5 since 1991. So...what does the audience here really want? The design of the show, in my opinion, could be better but I'm not sure this show would top five now as it did in yester-year without major tweaking.

Apparently to complain 

Having just gotten back from watching Cadets rehearsal not far from home, I gotta say I find it funny that GH is saying we've gone too far with the electronics when his own corps has the dial turned up to 11, especially during the middle movement. My ears are struggling to recover right now from how loud the sound FX and synth bass are, and I'm going to the Buffalo show in a little over an hour.

5 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

Because it is hard to march vibes?

If "because it is hard" were a reason for anything in drum corps, there would be no more drum corps.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Just Here said:

There will always be abuse or overuse but they have added good to some shows.

There was almost no abuse or overuse of electronics before 2009 or of amplification before 2004. If it wasn't "always" so in the past, why need it be "always" so in the future?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, N.E. Brigand said:

If "because it is hard" were a reason for anything in drum corps, there would be no more drum corps.

Wow folks sure are literal and cranky here 

• Like 1