Boston Crusaders 2018

BFDTV Boston Broadcast of the  Boston Crusaders standstill performance last night ( 6/14/2018). Video was released about an hour ago this morning.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Thanks B.  You wouldn't mind setting up a poll comparing Concert in The Park 2017 vs 2018 would you?  I had no luck.  If done, hopefully those who participate will try to keep the finished on field product of last year out of their decision.

9 minutes ago, Ghost said:

Thanks B.  You wouldn't mind setting up a poll comparing Concert in The Park 2017 vs 2018 would you?  I had no luck.  If done, hopefully those who participate will try to keep the finished on field product of last year out of their decision.

No. I would not support a poll to compare the two. Both Corps were and are terrific in their own right.

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

No. I would not support a poll to compare the two. Both Corps were and are terrific in their own right.

You're right B.  The possibility of that happening, with some, never entered my thought process.  Thanks.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ghost said:

There’s no doubt that the 2018 brass quality is better as well a harder book. The better question may be, “which musical arrangement did you like better?” In that case I’d say 2017. Felt it to be more haunting and powerful also liked the flow better.

Edited by GREENBLUE

Comparing the Concerts in the Park from year to year is probably not the best way to determine competitive  success. It’s a standstill concert geared towards alums, fans, and donors and even in years where BAC has not been as competitive, the event has gone well. Last year was such a leap forward, I could see where some would say it was the better performance, but for my ears, I heard more “notes” this year than last year which often equals difficulty. I thought the music was performed well too. 

Edited by Tim K
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Lance said:

boston sounds great

my favorite part of the brass book is the cast away theme.  been waiting for a corps to do it for awhile. 

Without giving anything away, wait until you see this ballad performed visually on the field this summer too... Wow!

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1