Blue Devils 2018

11 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

I’m really not too sure SCV is doing anything different than what Bloo has been doing since 2016 honestly. The prop use, the staging, dance breaks, high energy solos, jazz runs to sets. 

Maybe im just not seeing what everyone else is seeing. I love SCV’s show, but it’s for the music, not the visual program

I love it all. I just think how they fully incorporate the props into the visual production is great. They are just using them as framing tools, for example. I mean BD's prop - Jesus Christ, talk about taking cool to a new level. Last year I really started to love BD. They've become one of my favorites. It's like Star '93. It took me for ever to appreciate them. I'm finally appreciating BD. It's a good place to be.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, queenanne_1536 said:

I love it all. I just think how they fully incorporate the props into the visual production is great. They are just using them as framing tools, for example. I mean BD's prop - Jesus Christ, talk about taking cool to a new level. Last year I really started to love BD. They've become one of my favorites. It's like Star '93. It took me for ever to appreciate them. I'm finally appreciating BD. It's a good place to be.

Watch out, @xandandl will come out and get you :tounge2:

i think we’ll have to agree to disagree on SCV’s visual design, but I do really love SCV’s show as a whole this year 

Edited by Cappybara
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Cappybara said:

It’s not too scandalous of a thing to say. This isn’t the Gaines drill of old. It’s absolutely nothing like what he did at Cavies. Gaines realized this is a different era in drum corps and he designed it to this era. 

Or.....he designed it as a larger scale version of the indoor shows he has been doing. That's how it has come across to me, as the movement is often focused on getting people into position to get on and off the props, leaving 60% of the field untouched, and nary a big drill "picture" to be seen. It's a bit jarring after everyone was so gaga over the huge Weber drill last year.

Bloo and BD still do big, expansive sets, as well as prop utilization, so it's really an apples/oranges thing at the moment. Personally, I like a healthy dose of the big stuff, because with a 100 yard stage, it's great to sit there and have this larger-than-life production come at you from all directions and distances. Ultimately, the judges will decide which approach is creating the most effect and who is best executing that approach.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, mboogey73 said:

There's a lot of people that just want to believe BD is out of the hunt.

Nvm.

Edited by MikeRapp

"Natural Woman" feels rushed to me.

8 hours ago, N.E. Brigand said:

In tempo or in build of the climax?

4 hours ago, Cappybara said:

Tempo. Just a little. Not natural enough.

13 hours ago, N.E. Brigand said:

4 hours ago, Cappybara said:

6 minutes ago, N.E. Brigand said:

Tempo. Just a little. Not natural enough.

I get what you mean, maybe for both tempo and build even though it don't bother me, i think it's fine the way it is, but i also think it can improve a little afford with more time as much to sizzle up to a boil (Climax). But i would't say it's rushed, It don't feel rush to me personally, i would rather say give it little more time, it's really enjoyable.