Madison Scouts 2018

49 minutes ago, tedrick said:

I would like to propose that Madison does music from Rocky next year --

if ever a group could recognize with the underdog Rocky Balboa it would be the Madison Scouts ---

music from Rocky

by Bill Conti

The 2019 Madison Scouts!!!!

Not a bad idea Tedrick.

2 hours ago, tedrick said:

I would like to propose that Madison does music from Rocky next year --

if ever a group could recognize with the underdog Rocky Balboa it would be the Madison Scouts ---

music from Rocky

by Bill Conti

The 2019 Madison Scouts!!!!

Or they could do an "underdog" theme. Music from Rocky, Rudy, Hoosiers, and Miracle.

• Like 1

Where do you think Meghan will march next year?

12 hours ago, queenanne_1536 said:

I think it's aimed at the staff and BOD, but I understand what you are saying. I feel for the members. They must be relieved, in a way, that the season is over. I know I was the year I finished 7th. LOL.

Obviously people don't purposely try to insult the members but they still do with every single word they say. All this talk about ruining the legacy of the Scouts. Those members may not have made the decisions, but when they read stuff like this, in their heads they are going to be thinking "I contributed to this supposed ruining of the legacy of the Scouts"

It's a shame that some of their alumni on DCP are some of the worst in DCI. 

• Thanks 3

1 minute ago, MikeRapp said:

Scouts should do a jazz show. 

I'm enjoying so many corps introducing Jazz music back to DCI. Would love for Madison to join the movement 

28 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

Obviously people don't purposely try to insult the members but they still do with every single word they say. All this talk about ruining the legacy of the Scouts. Those members may not have made the decisions, but when they read stuff like this, in their heads they are going to be thinking "I contributed to this supposed ruining of the legacy of the Scouts"

It's a shame that some of their alumni on DCP are some of the worst in DCI. 

Well their alumni are angry and I completely understand why. Hopefully the members won’t be thinking that because they had nothing to do with it. They did the best they could with the poor product they were given. That’s the staffs fault, not theirs. They performed and gave it their all every night. They should be proud of that. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, queenanne_1536 said:

Well their alumni are angry and I completely understand why. Hopefully the members won’t be thinking that because they had nothing to do with it. They did the best they could with the poor product they were given. That’s the staffs fault, not theirs. They performed and gave it their all every night. They should be proud of that. 

That brings up a question that I was wondering about. On the "sheets", did the Scouts max out performance numbers while being dumped in content? I must admit that I'm not up to speed with the way scores are accumulated, but if what people are saying is true, it seems the performance numbers would be high while the product itself would be low since the MMs were given a poor show to perfect. Does this make sense??? Or is it like in diving where you can perform a really simple dive flawlessly but you're not given a high mark because the dive was not challenging, whereas a harder dive performed with minor flaws can yield a higher score than a perfect low technical dive?