Phantom Regiment 2018

Is anyone going to attend the community performance tonight?

13 hours ago, Tpet304 said:

Is anyone going to attend the community performance tonight?

The person on YouTube did. 

Props are a waste. Definitely will have dirtiest tenor line with like 13 of them. They had 10 min on the field but very skeleton. I'm not getting it besides new world symphony right now. 

Wow...and not in a good way. I feel like I had a look of disbelief on my face that I was actually watching Phantom Regiment. I’m shocked. Sorry. It’s early, but not feeling the show design or the arrangements. Not the design I was expecting from the show announcement. Corps and guard seem really young. 

Edited by GREENBLUE
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, GREENBLUE said:

Wow...and not in a good way. I feel like I had a look of disbelief on my face that I was actually watching Phantom Regiment. I’m shocked. Sorry. It’s early, but not feeling the show design or the arrangements. Not the design I was expecting from the show announcement. Corps and guard seem really young. 

Ugh

Ok this is my honest opinion.. I've watched the video right, so here it is, Phantom Regiment is definitely trying to do something new, that i can appreciate very much. I don't understand it yet, but i believe i'll get it by the time the season officially kicks off in competition and i think it do have potential. whatever it end up being i hope it will be great by August coming and can mark a new chapter for phantom Regiment. my critique is that i wasn't so sure on the sound quality and type of music, i guess there's a first for everything and change is inevitable. it's not the phantom i am use to hearing and i am not so sure if it's good or bad. I just hope they don't get lost in what phantom Regiment is by trying modernize.

31 minutes ago, theonlyfizzle said:

Ok this is my honest opinion.. I've watched the video right, so here it is, Phantom Regiment is definitely trying to do something new, that i can appreciate very much. I don't understand it yet, but i believe i'll get it by the time the season officially kicks off in competition and i think it do have potential. whatever it end up being i hope it will be great by August coming and can mark a new chapter for phantom Regiment. my critique is that i wasn't so sure on the sound quality and type of music, i guess there's a first for everything and change is inevitable. it's not the phantom i am use to hearing and i am not so sure if it's good or bad. I just hope they don't get lost in what phantom Regiment is by trying modernize.

Agreed. I watched it like 3 times last night before the video was taken down. I watched to make sure my initial reaction was accurate. You summed it up perfectly. It’s not the Phantom I’m used to. They are attempting something new for them, but not something different that we haven’t seen before, that’s the problem (as well as quality). Its early and hopefully my opinion changes as the season progresses. possibly could see Phantom in the 11/12 spot right now. 

Edited by GREENBLUE

16 minutes ago, GREENBLUE said:

Agreed. I watched it like 3 times last night before the video was taken down. I watched to make sure my initial reaction was accurate. You summed it up perfectly. It’s not the Phantom I’m used to. Right now that’s not a good thing, but it’s early and hopefully my opinion changes as the season progresses. I could possibly see Phantom in the 11/12 spot right now. 

let's wait and see how it will turn out

• Like 1