Phantom Regiment 2018

3 minutes ago, BlueStainGlass said:

I lost power until 1 today. Rough 

Oh no.  Sorry to hear that.  Just rain around here last night, unless I slept through a storm.....highly possible.

I was supposed to go visit my former student/current mm yesterday but it was still just too dog gone hot.  Today will be cooler at least.
And I'm anxious to watch ensemble rehearse!

1 hour ago, PhantomPhan91 said:

That was my analysis of the early pre-season run of the show, but they have since enhanced the appearance and usage of the props! Although they still have to move them around the field, which can be distracting when just want to watch the drill :P

Photo from their recent dress rehearsal, and looks like they are not just for the guard members! Haven't seen any action shots of the corps wearing their hoodies during the performance. 

Image may contain: 1 person, sky and outdoor

Shades of Fiddler on the Roof by SCV, or various moments by BD, or...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, xandandl said:

Not BD.  They'd have to be painted white. ;)

• Like 2

3 hours ago, PhantomPhan91 said:

That was my analysis of the early pre-season run of the show, but they have since enhanced the appearance and usage of the props! Although they still have to move them around the field, which can be distracting when just want to watch the drill :P

Photo from their recent dress rehearsal, and looks like they are not just for the guard members! Haven't seen any action shots of the corps wearing their hoodies during the performance. 

Image may contain: 1 person, sky and outdoor

My comment on your comparison to SCV  was 3 fold. 1) IMO Phantom's '17 props(?) were easily the worst of the season.  I am excited to see the usage of the wooden structures you post! 2) Being from California I saw  Ouroboros many times and as rough as the initial use of the stages were, what a great "prop" integration they became. Finally, I love a great drill as much as anyone, but as the art evolves I look forward to the thematic design elements imagined on the field. From your posted pic I see Phantom in WGI inspired cosiforms, props(!) and mic'd brass.

Phantom in 2018 is alive and well! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KVG_DC said:

Not BD.  They'd have to be painted white. ;)

I LOVE that they are anything but WHITE!!! 

5 hours ago, xandandl said:

well they are inspired by the right Shades

• Like 1