The Cadets and GH history of sexual abuse (news article)

39 minutes ago, Liahona said:

Gosh..Are the trying to win a Pulitzer?

Expose the truth 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

17 hours ago, camel lips said:

Yeah I think all of this talk about about kicking him out of the HOF is just a knee jerk reaction to the seriousness of the allegations. At this pint they are just allegations and I am more than willing to wait to hear them out. 

It's worth noting that as often as not, we never learn the full truth in such cases, and we have to make decisions based on partial information. Why? Because the statute of limitations has passed. Or because the victims agreed to tell their stories in order to keep the predator away from other potential victims, but don't want to go through the process of a trial or a suit. If you've been sexually assaulted, you don't want to have to keep thinking about it! But to cite again what hostrauser said way back on the third page of this discussion, only about 3% of reported crimes turn out to be false allegations, so the odds of nine different people lying are thus one in fifty trillion. Thus while it's very possible that no legal justice will be forthcoming in a case like this, neither is the offender likely to sue the victims for defamation or his employer for letting him go (if he didn't resign), because that would open up his life for legal discovery.

1 hour ago, rpbobcat said:

There's another thread about corps responding to the Inquirer article.

They all mention policies/procedures they have concerning this type of situation.

Does anyone know if The Cadets had similar rules in place ?

If so,they didn't seem to help the alleged victims.

Seems to me,it not having rules,its making sure they are followed/enforced.

I would say YEA does NOT have something like this in place. Just look at George's relationship with the Cadets CG Supervisor

• Like 1

Friends,

Don't think this is a one-off story.

Think something on the order of the Boston Globe pederast priest series.

Think stories across numbers of papers about any number of corps. 

Hopkins is just the Father Geoghan of this epic.

If DCI survives, it will end up with a complete changing of the guard and, hopefully, scores of twisted monsters behind bars.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Jeff Ream said:

Expose the truth 

What is sad is the victims for sure but also sad for many it's a gotcha moment for all the frienemies Hop made over the years Judge the man for the alleged actions and NOT of what he may or may not have done excluding this  that many would or didn't agree with. This is the truth. I have personally heard from so many people who mention the actual allegations ( which are horrific ) then jump to everything but the seriousness of the actual allegations and the victims. To me, that's as sad as the whole thing.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jaffo Nerr said:

Friends,

Don't think this is a one-off story.

Think something on the order of the Boston Globe pederast priest series.

Think stories across numbers of papers about any number of corps. 

Hopkins is just the Father Geoghan of this epic.

If DCI survives, it will end up with a complete changing of the guard and, hopefully, scores of twisted monsters behind bars.

Man, I hope you are wrong. But, I must admit, the damage of all this is only dependent upon how long you want to work, and how deep you want to dig.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

36 minutes ago, barigirl78 said:

Yes, they were bought and sold.  These are the mechanisms by which it was accomplished.  But, it still was a break.

Re-reading what I wrote, I made it sound like that was giving the order in which things happened.  I have edited it.

It was a break that happened because that's how YEA wanted it, not that there was some kind of faction within the Crossmen that was ready to split from YEA, which would have been impossible given the nature of their association. And honestly (though I don't pretend to know this 100% for sure), I don't think the Cadets could just separate either. YEA is the parent company and owns the Cadets. I can't imagine they would want to sell them. Nor do I think it would make sense for the Cadets to want to be sold, given the revenue stream that YEA provides for them with the band circuit. Clearly, anything associated with YEA will most likely take a financial hit due to what's happening right now, and it may come to the point where YEA needs to become something other than what it currently is in order to continue operations. And the Cadets will be a big part of whatever that winds up being, but as I stated before, I don't think there's an avenue for the Cadets to break off from YEA unless YEA is the one selling them (along with the name, the assets, the debt, etc.). And again, I can't imagine that YEA would have any interest in doing so.

10 minutes ago, GUARDLING said:

it's a gotcha moment for all the frienemies Hop made over the years .

thats mostly irrelevant to all this however. He alone put himself in this position of disgrace and shame that he finds himself in.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, BRASSO said:

And he has only himself to blame for that as well.

Yes ...for these allegations.. the rest has nothing to do with it. Many could tear up most staff from over the years for many things. This hot water he is in is his own.

• Like 2