mingusmonk

The Cadets and GH history of sexual abuse (news article)

1 minute ago, Jeff Ream said:

take the cannoli

Headed to the Baltimore Area Friday, Jeff. I think you've got me headed to Vaccaro's now for several. I blame yah. :laugh:

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

My guess, just a guess, your misread of this might be the result that you did not read the entire article. Its it unambiguous ( to me anyway ) that when Dan states near the bottom pragraph of the article ( his words ) " participating groups ( DCI Corps, of course ) that fail to meet DCI policies( reporting policies,of course,) can lead to a groups dismissal in DCI ". The " group " is not " the group " at DCI HQ that might have failed to tell Dan ( to be determined ). The " Group " is the DCI Corps. Good lord ,Man. Give it up, as hopefully nobody here misunderstands that when Dan refers to a " groups dismissal "  as a potentrial consequence that he is not referring to his assistants in his office that answer the phone and open his mail with that. He mentions secondarily that he will hold anyone in his office responsible for not promptly notifying him if his internal audit dtermines this.; But please stop with your misguided insistence that Dan is somehow not referring to YEA/ Cadets here when he says that he" takes this matter seriously" and any failure to follow DCI' HQ reporting policies protoccol to DCI HQ could... could.. " lead to the group's dismissal in DCI ". Again, maybe you did not read the entire article..Otherwise, I can't account for your failure to understand what Dan is actually saying here.

OK, anyone else want to try?

I'm exhausted.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, garfield said:

Technically, the "Paulie" reference came from Goodfellas, and "The family had lots of buffas" came from the Godfather, but they're both excellent and you are forgiven for confusing them.

II to be exact

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

II to be exact

I actually knew that.  I was going with a whole mob family theme.  :laughing:

• Like 1

Just a side note on Dan's statement that it could lead to dismissal....

DCI has set the bar on penalties for corps bad actions.....in if overage penalties ie forfieture of funds,  loss of performance, etc then penaltiesfor this type of allegation would have to be more severe, maybe look to ncaa to past penalties forfieture of championships etc... but it's a dark cloud over the activity and i hope it doesn't have too much of a effect  on the coming season.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, BigW said:

Headed to the Baltimore Area Friday, Jeff. I think you've got me headed to Vaccaro's now for several. I blame yah. :laugh:

Heh... you're heading in while I'm heading out.  LOL

Up to NJ for the weekend for family stuff... and maybe a stop at Point Pleasant at the Shore Friday for some seafood, since the weather looks great.

53 minutes ago, BigW said:

Will stay on topic, but I would gladly discuss more of a lot of that whole incident (Joe-Bots, trial prep, etc.) over dinner with some of you any time.

Eat and discuss...... that? Not possible to keep the dinner down buddy

Just now, JimF-LowBari said:

Eat and discuss...... that? Not possible to keep the dinner down buddy

It can. I keep away from the squeamish stuff. Promise. :wink:

2 minutes ago, BigW said:

It can. I keep away from the squeamish stuff. Promise. :wink:

Two Division II state school guys discussing a Division I school  (cue evil laugh). And my sister went to a Division III school in PA so no mercy there either. (IUP and Delaware Valley fyi)