The Cadets and GH history of sexual abuse (news article)

1 minute ago, Newseditor44 said:

I can’t help but wonder if these latest allegations and the suspension of Sean King pushes DCI closer to suspending the corps for the season. I’ve been an advocate for allowing them to march this season, but slowly changing my mind. Just when you think this story can’t get any worse, it does. 

Thoughts?

I think the probation plans DCI put in place allow for them to monitor the situation. I am not sure this puts them any closer. Just as important will be the financial conditions and the other steps they are required to take. As long as they are adhering to the probationary requirements they should be OK.

1 minute ago, Newseditor44 said:

I can’t help but wonder if these latest allegations and the suspension of Sean King pushes DCI closer to suspending the corps for the season. I’ve been an advocate for allowing them to march this season, but slowly changing my mind. Just when you think this story can’t get any worse, it does. 

Thoughts?

I’m beginning to think the same. Too late in the game to find CEO’s and Directors. Pretty close to move in and we don’t know if the organization is financially responsible to move forward. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

Zero chance 

Hope you’re right 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jim Schehr said:

I’m beginning to think the same. Too late in the game to find CEO’s and Directors. Pretty close to move in and we don’t know if the organization is financially responsible to move forward. 

They are working to get everything in place and they are working on the financial review. Directors should be announced soon.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Newseditor44 said:

Thoughts?

Yeah let's punish the current members for what adults have done. It's not the members' fault they're in this predicament.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Terri Schehr said:

Nope.  It’s always the blameless people who suffer.  Very unfair. 

Which is why calling for their season to be cancelled is BS.

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, Jim Schehr said:

I'm rested.  I'm ready.  Give me a call.  But fair warning:  Under my tutelage we are gonna ramp WAY DOWN on the amps, electronics.  Oh, and, we'll be doing something with NOOOO VOICE, like the entire show.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 5
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, Newseditor44 said:

Thoughts?

I agree that Cadets may have forfeited their privilege of competing within DCI.  

If issues at other corps are brought to light by credible victims, DCI will need to be consistent with how they address the issues with all the organizations affected.

DCI knows it could self destruct if multiple corps are prevented from competing.

While this appears to be a George Hopkins problem, it’s much, much bigger.

• Like 1