The Cadets and GH history of sexual abuse (news article)

2 minutes ago, MikeD said:

GH has been accused of rape and other serious felonies. SA was arrested and convicted of a misdemeanor that was not a sex-based crime at all. It did not matter who was in the closet where the camera was, or what they were doing. It was against the law to record anybody secretly. That is what he was charged with and convicted of, and then later set aside, as it was that low of  level. I hate to mix up that situation with the horrific acts GH has committed. IMO they are not remotely equal. 

Interesting edit.   

3 minutes ago, MikeD said:

GH has been accused of rape and other serious felonies. SA was arrested and convicted of a misdemeanor that was not a sex-based crime at all. It did not matter who was in the closet where the camera was, or what they were doing. It was against the law to record anybody secretly. That is what he was charged with and convicted of, and then later set aside, as it was that low of  level. I hate to mix up that situation with the horrific acts GH has committed. IMO they are not remotely equal. 

You’re entitled to your opinion but not to your facts. No creeps allowed period. 

Just now, Jim Schehr said:

You’re entitled to your opinion but not to your facts. No creeps allowed period. 

I have the facts that are there for anyone to see. They are not my facts.

2 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

That’s exactly why this has been allowed to happen for decades.  I heard people defend the lifetime registered sex offender marching six years ago.  Important people.  You’d recognize their names. 

2 minutes ago, Jim Schehr said:

well there are lots of creeps, not just this kind too..  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MusicManNJ said:

Hunkering down is never a good strategy. The optics are bad. Most professional communications people would never recommend what was communicated to the reporter. They may be good at promoting DCI and the activity but the strategy on handling a simple request for interview regarding a DCI news release on new policies with a "not gonna talk to you... submit your questions in writing" is really misguided. No lawyer would suggest this either... unless there was something the attorneys were concerned about. None of these scenarios are good.

If the public relations people are professionally trained in public relations, they should be capable at both promoting the activity and damage control. 

As far as lawyers are concerned, while they would not necessarily recommend dodging reporters, they may recommend requests in writing and would supply talking points with the advice of not changing the wording at all. This is standard practice in these matters which I know from professional experience. 

8 minutes ago, MikeD said:

I have the facts that are there for anyone to see. They are not my facts.

You can support these perverts and creeps based on your perceived notions, that’s your prerogative. I don’t! So we will have to agree to disagree. Move on. I guess the camera was there to make sure the kids clothes didn’t get stolen. 

Edited by Jim Schehr
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Tim K said:

If the public relations people are professionally trained in public relations, they should be capable at both promoting the activity and damage control. 

As far as lawyers are concerned, while they would not necessarily recommend dodging reporters, they may recommend requests in writing and would supply talking points with the advice of not changing the wording at all. This is standard practice in these matters which I know from professional experience. 

You are right BUT unfortunately one has to proceed with caution for a few reasons. One being if all facts, proof, investigations are not accurate or in then it just becomes a bigger dump fest..Just look at the recent news tonight

7 minutes ago, Jim Schehr said:

You can support these perverts and creeps based on your perceived notions, that’s your prerogative. I don’t! So we will have to agree to disagree. Move on 

I don't think Mike is doing this. He's a pretty level-headed guy and doesn't fall into the sometimes emotional, DCP rants. He seems like a fact-based person and as a teacher has skin in the game. I'm sure he has seen a lot of this over the years and has to assess truth from the court of public opinion.. They can be quite different. I'm not specifically talking about this situation BUT am talking about Mike...JMO

Would I have hired the guy? Probably not BUT would have found another reason not to if there was even a question that this would potentially be an issue with other students or even drama.

Edited by GUARDLING
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1