Minneapolis, MN - July 7, 2018

1 minute ago, ContraFart said:

I'm scratching my head too since I thought Cavies guard had an off night. I mean the show started when a rifle tossed 1 count early

I don’t think they had a clean weapon toss all night. Someone was always early, late or the catches were oatmeal. Definitely not a strong run, so perhaps the judge was mesmerized by the ink blots???

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Tpet304 said:

I disagree. I too thought it was a fluke that night. Being there myself, I can easily say PR had a pretty bad run. I personally think crossmen and bluestars should switch places

Crossmen are compared to the group before them.  Phantom is compared to the group before them.  Stars did enough that the judges believed they should be higher and the same for Phantom. So if they went back to back Stars could have been closer or beat them.  Show order does factor into scores.

14 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

Just Carolina Crown I believe. 

The Cadets were 7th in percussion in 1984.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, ThirdValvesAreForWimps said:

The Cavaliers are still scoring < 8.00 in several key categories.  That’s not good.

SCV is too. I think both are doing just fine at the moment.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ThirdValvesAreForWimps said:

The Cavaliers are still scoring < 8.00 in several key categories.  That’s not good.

But being 1.6 behind BD is a good sign. If there's ever a safe assumption, or safer assumption, in drum corps it is that BD is currently ranked 1 or 2. So I'm impressed with how close they are to BD. Cavies have a great show, IMO. I'm not worried about them. I think they are going to take down a few corps on their way to finals.

• Like 1

Don’t know much about Michelle Bowers who judged color guard tonight but it is what it is. She judges in the Midwest. Former ‘83 Regiment alum.  The panel tonight is not one you’ll usually see on championship week except for a couple. Take it for what it’s worth. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Tpet304 said:

I disagree. I too thought it was a fluke that night. Being there myself, I can easily say PR had a pretty bad run. I personally think crossmen and bluestars should switch places

I personally think Blue Stars have the best show out of the three and will be ahead of both at finals. I also think there's a good chance Crossmen top Regiment at finals.

Edited by queenanne_1536
  • Like 1

Cavies give us the closest relational view between the east and west corps.

It's not terribly reliable... given the time span...

But assuming that all groups are improving at similar rates, I don't see that anyone has a "lead" for the top spot as has happened in the past.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

Great job, Devil Dogs! :wub:

A nice 3 point jump from their last show. 

And not to rain on anyone's parade, the BD last show was on the 2nd, and their next one is Saturday.  They have a very good history of gaining points after that much time off to rehearse into the night.  Sure, they're heading up to MN, but they still have full days of practice.  Oh yeah, SCV's been off since the 1st with their next show tomorrow.

Dam, this year can't get any better can it?

Edited by Ghost