Minneapolis, MN - July 7, 2018

40 minutes ago, GREENBLUE said:

After that first year in Indy I only buy the Super Premium seats so it seems the crowd is more respectful for the most part.

That’s where we sit. $620 for the two of us for three days.  Last year, a friend that we get our tickets with returned to his seat after a break and the person who was sitting in his seat that he’s sat in since Lucas oil opened, asked HIM for his ticket.  I couldn’t believe my ears. 

Edited by Terri Schehr

56 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

That’s where we sit. $620 for the two of us for three days.  Last year, a friend that we get our tickets with returned to his seat after a break and the person who was sitting in his seat that he’s sat in since Lucas oil opened, asked HIM for his ticket.  I couldn’t believe my ears. 

I’ve seen seat hoppers fight with ticket holders on the 50 yard line saying they haven’t been sitting in their seats because they showed up later in the day. So bad that they were screaming and security came along.

$620 for tickets

$600 plane tickets

$700 hotel

$150 car rental

3 days off work for two people

+++++++ food /souvenirs

and they wonder why we get upset !!!!!

Edited by GREENBLUE
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

30 minutes ago, GREENBLUE said:

I’ve seen seat hoppers fight with ticket holders on the 50 yard line saying they haven’t been sitting in their seats because they showed up later in the day. So bad that they were screaming and security came along.

$620 for tickets

$600 plane tickets

$700 hotel

$150 car rental

3 days off work for two people

+++++++ food /souvenirs

and they wonder why we get upset !!!!!

Thank you.  We drive from up here but costs do add up.  It’s worth every penny to support the kids and enjoy the performances. But if my old ### needs to get some lunch and dinner, I don’t mind if you sit in my seat while I’m gone but don’t be difficult when I return. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

Thank you.  We drive from up here but costs do add up.  It’s worth every penny to support the kids and enjoy the performances. But if my old ### needs to get some lunch and dinner, I don’t mind if you sit in my seat while I’m gone but don’t be difficult when I return. 

(Note to self -- there may be a market for "You are welcome to MY seat only until I GET BACK" seat cushions)

Edited by Precious Roy
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Precious Roy said:

(Note to self -- there may be a market for laminated "You are welcome to MY seat only until I GET BACK" seat cushions)

Nahh.  Just a small sign that says these two seats belong to Smith & Wesson.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Ghost said:

Nahh.  Just a small sign that says these two seats belong to Smith & Wesson.

And Smith & Wesson's two best friends Heckler & Koch.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

so what was the crowd like last night? Enthusiastic? subdued? They seemed kind of moribund on TV....
I wish the DCI Minnesota show could be moved to a smaller venue where the stands are closer to the field -- I was not impressed with the sound inside TCF Bank Stadium last year -- 

The school where Blue Devils stayed at, Eden Prairie HS has hosted shows in the past -- it would be great if a group of boosters could organize a Friday night Saturday night show similar to the old Stillwater shows back in the 80s --

30 minutes ago, tedrick said:

so what was the crowd like last night? Enthusiastic? subdued? They seemed kind of moribund on TV....
I wish the DCI Minnesota show could be moved to a smaller venue where the stands are closer to the field -- I was not impressed with the sound inside TCF Bank Stadium last year -- 

The school where Blue Devils stayed at, Eden Prairie HS has hosted shows in the past -- it would be great if a group of boosters could organize a Friday night Saturday night show similar to the old Stillwater shows back in the 80s --

Scott Palmer, a Madison alum, was the Eden Prairie band director when DCI used his field for a contest several seasons back. He also was a BD trumpet tech at the time which is how the corps began its history there. But I remember that the Eden Prairie sports staff had to be "persuaded" as they also take their football and soccer summer preparation programs very seriously. Eden Prairie's fine band members have gone off to Cadets, Bloo, Cavies, etc.  Shows at the school are a bit limited by parking given how much rooms today's corps need for their 3 tractor trailers and 5 buses per corps.  Hotels would have to be in Bloomington or Minnie as E.P. only has 4, none close.

28 minutes ago, tedrick said:

Subdued ... it was pretty f'ing hot for most of the day, and the lineup was akin to an old DCM show + BD (I'm not saying it's a bad line up at all ... but it didn't have the same luster as the lineups from 2010 to about 2015).

I've gone to every TCF show since 2010, and the weather has always either been stupid hot or torrential downpour ... at this point I'm wondering if moving it to US Bank Stadium would get more groups to come in.

Also - if you're looking for an intimate venue, the Mankato show is where it's at. It's bigger than your usual HS stadium and the stands, the stands are abnormally steep, and there is almost no distance between the performers and the audience.

2 minutes ago, ShutUpAndPlayYerGuitar said:

Subdued ... it was pretty f'ing hot for most of the day, and the lineup was akin to an old DCM show + BD (I'm not saying it's a bad line up at all ... but it didn't have the same luster as the lineups from 2010 to about 2015).

I've gone to every TCF show since 2010, and the weather has always either been stupid hot or torrential downpour ... at this point I'm wondering if moving it to US Bank Stadium would get more groups to come in.

Also - if you're looking for an intimate venue, the Mankato show is where it's at. It's bigger than your usual HS stadium and the stands, the stands are abnormally steep, and there is almost no distance between the performers and the audience.

wasn't housing an issue for both corps and spectators if the show grew larger that what they had had with 8 corps??