Orlando, FL - July 8, 2018

1 minute ago, PCEP00 said:

There is zero chance they win the Sanford. SCV, Cavies, and BD all have better lines this year, not even close. Ott? Maybe. But guessing SCV runs away with that, too.

Crown always sounds good. But their show is already running out of steam. It's not hard enough, horribly paced, generic theme, and lulls throughout. I would not be surprised to see them fall behind Boston, maybe by next week. We'll see.

SCV winning an Ott award with a caption head who was once Spirit's caption head.  There's a little something that would be "right".  

1 minute ago, cadet93 said:

Hey Guys, Valdosta, GA scores for tomorrow night are up....

Who says there are no judging conspiracies

And Cadets tied Crown!

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, One n Done said:

Highlights for me:

Bluecoats low tessitura trumpet solo work.  Done very well and unique as a design piece.  Very cool.

Crown’s battery writing and their dynamic contrast.  Not afraid to play very softly.  They play clean.  Liked the space in the writing, not just a fistful of notes.

Crown’s brass sound.  And then to present non show material in an encore at such a high level of quality-awesome.

I love that solo. His timbre down low is so good. It's a welcome departure from the screamer solos.

9 minutes ago, MusicManNJ said:

That is why they won the Ott last year and are threatening to win an Ott and Sanford this year.

And still finish in 6th place.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, N.E. Brigand said:

DCP is not going to show clips of Bluecoats while talking about Boston? Well, I should hope not!

Look YOUR witch hunt is not going to work this time. :united::peek:

1 Bluecoats 83.850
2 Boston Crusaders 82.100
2 Carolina Crown 82.100
4 The Cadets 78.550
5 Spirit of Atlanta 71.850
6 Music City 63.150
7 Jersey Surf 56.800
  • Like 1

Flo's commentator notes that many Bluecoats brass members play more than one instrument during the show, and talks about how that adds challenge. Which is true, of course, but far from new in drum corps. Crown put the low brass on high brass for a movement of their 2014 show, and that same year, BD had a bunch of players on trumpet for an early fanfare.

2 minutes ago, PCEP00 said:

There is zero chance they win the Sanford. SCV, Cavies, and BD all have better lines this year, not even close. Ott? Maybe. But guessing SCV runs away with that, too.

Crown always sounds good. But their show is already running out of steam. It's not hard enough, horribly paced, generic theme, and lulls throughout. I would not be surprised to see them fall behind Boston, maybe by next week. We'll see.

I literally laughed out loud at the bolded part. I'll just say everyone is entitled to their opinion. And my personal opinion is you have no idea what you are talking about.