DCI Southwestern Regional - July 21, 2018

1 minute ago, Triple Forte said:

I am not sold on the show either. I think most of the hype is people just want svc to win after a long drought.   Big difference between wanting a corps to win because the kicks butt and just wanting a corps to win because it's been a long time. 

You're definitely not speaking for me. IMO, SCV's show is a nearly flawless package in design, and all sections are firing on all cylinders. They don't have a single main weakness, and those performers are on FIRE. I ALWAYS root for SCV but have realistic expectations. This year is VERY different. I felt that when I saw them live in the beginning of the season.

• Like 3

BD appears to have four or five tall mics along the sideline to help boost their sound. Who else is doing that this year?

Just now, MikeN said:

Can’t help but think this BD show is too clever for its own good, but man oh man so they do exactly what it is they mean to do. So professional.

Mike

That's a good way to put it. They play the heck out of it. But it's really cheesy. Too much Downey, imo. Doesn't grab you like SCV or Bloo.

Just now, N.E. Brigand said:

BD appears to have four or five tall mics along the sideline to help boost their sound. Who else is doing that this year?

Most of the top groups, it seems. I’ve been noticing tonight.

Mike

• Like 1

Just now, theonlyfizzle said:

BD high energy.... they bringing it tonight go BD

They sound especially energetic tonight. Hopefully they can keep it going through the ballad

• Like 1