DCI Southwestern Regional - July 21, 2018

I said it yesterday in the Katy thread, Babylon is getting very close to ranking up there with the Felliniesque and Frameworks type of dominance.  You cannot deny innovation, that will almost always garner the GE scores.  Look at Coats too, something a little different than what we’ve seen and they’re mostly finishing in 2nd in GE.  Innovation if done well will always rise to the top.  

Just now, BlueStainGlass said:

Correct me if i am wrong

8/6/2015    Skip Navigation Links
DCI World Championship Prelims - Indianapolis, IN    Expand DCI World Championship Prelims - Indianapolis, IN
World Class    95.350    96.475    Carolina Crown    1.125

What about a lead that was not in part the result of a penalty?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Gjj63 said:

Yeah but there's a reason you don't often see this sort of gap.  If the substance is lacking, true achievement can reach only so high.   But in this case I guess the thought is that the substance is sixth but competitive with most everything above it?

Yea, and I think this is just where it come down to how the individual judge sees it. For me, when I compare BD’s Sabre feature tonight to that of Cavaliers or Crown, I find that BD is less technologically challenging but much, much better executed. How do you say which is better? I don’t have an answer for that, but I commend a judge for calling it as they see it, I wish there was more of this in DCI and WGI judging. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, just_another_fanatic said:

SCV's percussion is running away with this thing. 0.5 over 2nd place? 

I still think they'll win the Sanford in the end but I wouldn't count on this big of a margin in Allentown or Indy

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BlueStainGlass said:

Correct me if i am wrong

8/6/2015    Skip Navigation Links
DCI World Championship Prelims - Indianapolis, IN    Expand DCI World Championship Prelims - Indianapolis, IN
World Class    95.350    96.475    Carolina Crown    1.125

I guess you’re technically correct but BD has a warm ups penalty that year during prelims

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Cadevilina Crown said:

What about a lead that was not in part the result of a penalty?

My next guess with that

7/3/2013    Skip Navigation Links
Corps Encore - Ogden, UT    Expand Corps Encore - Ogden, UT
World Class    82.300    83.300    Carolina Crown    1.000

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Bucbari said:

Great show!! SCV and Bloo blew me away!!

Now the downside

When was the last time phantom was in 10th place at a major regional?

Saddest of all was Madison.  16th place?  Can they keep attracting a talent pool when the arrow is definately down?  I don't think so..They be moving to total irrelevance or oblivion.

Madison Scouts did not have a bad show. 

I think the talent level and show writing has been rising in this tier of competition. 

Scouts' show is not a 16th place show any year but this year. They have nothing to be ashamed of. They're putting out a competent and entertaining product. 16th place is just incidental. 

I'm LOVING the scores tonight. It is very refreshing to see judges awarding scores to those who deserve it... umm... HELLO Boston Crusaders' guard?! Get it. That's awesome. And SCV dominating with a great design... I think we may have a NEW record soon :-)  It's always great to see the "perennials" shaken up! Great shows. Can't wait to see these groups in ATL.

G'night.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, BoyWonder1911 said:

Madison Scouts did not have a bad show. 

I think the talent level and show writing has been rising in this tier of competition. 

Scouts' show is not a 16th place show any year but this year. They have nothing to be ashamed of. They're putting out a competent and entertaining product. 16th place is just incidental. 

Yep. I was not expecting the Finals bubble corps to explode in overall quality the way they have this year, and unfortunately Madison has gotten caught up in it. Will it result in us not seeing them in theaters? We'll see.

9 minutes ago, Bucbari said:

Great show!! SCV and Bloo blew me away!!

Now the downside

When was the last time phantom was in 10th place at a major regional?

Saddest of all was Madison.  16th place?  Can they keep attracting a talent pool when the arrow is definately down?  I don't think so..They be moving to total irrelevance or oblivion.

feeder corps -- top 6 needs them -