DCI Southwestern Regional - July 21, 2018

5 minutes ago, BoyWonder1911 said:

If scores are still comparable to shows of the past, I don't think SCV's show deserves anything more than a 98.00 maximum. I would probably put it at 97.5 for the win, but that musical program, wow. They have such a big sound, and a very technically difficult musical program. 

Numbers have no relevance, especially to the past although there are those who believe so..Nor is there anything as a true perfect sub caption score. Just so many numbers to work with . IF, SCV wins and scores  get close to that 98-99 mark it will mostly be because of the quality in 2-3-4 ( like always )

• Like 3

I think the people hoping for SCV to break the record this year are exhibiting wishful thinking. BD swept every single caption except percussion in 2014 to hit that 99.65. I don’t see SCV doing that with Crown coming in so strongly in brass and BAC in guard. 

In fact, while I think SCV will win this year, I think it will be by less than a full point 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, cfirwin3 said:

I don't think we are going to see the scoring record broken unless SCV starts sweeping all captions.  I don't think they are in a position to get away with that even though they will probably hold a full point+ margin going forward.  The caption competition in a few areas is much too stiff and SCV, while clearly being the top dog, they aren't top dog in all (or essentially all) areas, and that is what is required to beat the record (perfect scores and caption sweeps).

I agree. I think the records that have a shot at being broken are the 4th-6th place scores. Still not convinced it'll happen but there's a real shot this year.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tedrick said:

how many do they broadcast for Thursday night semis? 16?

• Like 1

They broadcast the full shows of the Top 15 and segments of other shows.

41 minutes ago, bluesman said:

Crown is closer to Blue Devils than Blue Devils are to SCV.

... true...and Boston is closer to Crown than Crown is to SCV.  Great season of performances and competition this season !

• Like 1

If the Colts' average score over the 3 major regionals is higher than Madison's, the Colts get the 15th and final spot.

• Like 1