DCI Southeastern Regional - July 28, 2018

1 hour ago, mjoakes said:

We were in the same section. I thought the sound for the larger groups was fine. Early on, a lot of echos for soloists and big blasts. 

Overall, it was a great venue. Very fan-fiendly. Small touches like lots of surfaces to stand around for eating and drinking. When in the concourses, there are a lot of open spaces for viewing the field. Good prices as advertised. Not sure any of us need more incentive to load up on sugar and fat, however. Good grief, people drank an ocean of soda.

But I got frustrated with fans entering right in the middle of shows. No awareness by the fans that they were blocking views. And of course no help at all from the facility staff. Clubs are terrific, but also noisy for the 5-6 rows sitting near them.

Yes, it would be a good place for a change of pace with finals. Some hotels are near. Can't speak to parking or the logistics for the corps. Those are not trivial things.

In St. Louis, people got up in the middle of shows and everyone had to stand up for them to get by.  And then they’d return to their seats in the middle of shows.  I lost count of how any times this repeatedly happened.  I was patient.  Said nothing. 

I'm finishing up my in depth review for the top 12. Once done I will post here. Still amazed by the incredible shows I got to see yesterday. My opinion has changed on some seeing them live vs. on video

• Like 3

12 hours ago, caliswift said:

They didn't beat Crown.

:peek:

9 hours ago, Cappybara said:

Not just that, BD's guard content scores in all competitions they've met up with the top 6 have been: 1, 3, 1, 5, 1

Now you tell me what scores are the anomaly :guinesssmilie:

BD's girls and boys move under the equipment better than anyone ...haters gonna hate, same with the ridiculous hair comments!  Don't hate because we are beautiful! 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Jake W. said:

Hey now, some of us would give a strong thumbs up to most every show this year AND love the golden girls : )

Image result for golden girls cheering gifs

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, whitedj2002 said:

BD's girls and boys move under the equipment better than anyone ...haters gonna hate, same with the ridiculous hair comments!  Don't hate because we are beautiful! 

That’s true. Esp when they are supposed to be standing still!!!! ;-)

(Eg that right handed  triple sabre toss the girls do-and step to catch it!) 

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, bluesman said:

I disagree.  Devils show feels uneven.  There are too many abrupt changes in both music and style.  Bluecoats program has some of the best transitions between numbers which gives it more of a complete package.  

To me, BD offers  a journey of thematic vignettes that convey  emotion, realistic imagery, and time. Using poetic license, weaving modern and past idioms to paint a picture I didn't consider previously. A feast of the senses. When they finish I am moved.

Bloo is sensational!  Bigger than life and engaging. I am at a visual concert with an amazing soloist and sets. When they finish I am entertained. 

The question to me is how your entertained and how your moved. Or perhaps how open you are to being entertained and moved...

Edited by whitedj2002
  • Like 3

15 minutes ago, DCI-86 said:

That’s true. Esp when they are supposed to be standing still!!!! ;-)

(Eg that right handed  triple sabre toss the girls do-and step to catch it!) 

really...

you didn't read my second sentence... haters gonna hate

*flips hair because we are beautiful...

• Like 4

11 hours ago, CCond said:

It’s a hip hop world, pal. Keep up or get out of the way. 

Image result for funny hip hop dance... gifs

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, whitedj2002 said:

really...

you didn't read my second sentence... haters gonna hate

*flips hair because we are beautiful...

I’m from a country where we understand sarcasm and humour ;-)