DCI Southeastern Regional - July 28, 2018

1 minute ago, quijeros said:

That was my first viewing of OC. From my vantage point, it's hard to follow what's going on unfortunately. I wish I had better seats.

Still a lot of cool little Shining references I recognized.

I thought they performed it very well. But I also had a tough following the point.

2 minutes ago, bluesman said:

1.7 billion dollar stadium built with taxpayer money and it's not soundproof.  That's a shame.

Why should it be?  It was built for sports and the trend these days is the louder, the better.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, quijeros said:

That was a lot of fun, Music City!

Great show, love how they enter, ballad and ending are nice.

First time seeing Oregon Crusaders and I am really impressed with the show design.  I like how they used chairs to give their cymbal line a little something different to do.

I was quite engaged.  The quality this year at this level of World Class is so good.

It seemed a plus that their colors matched the Atlanta Falcons logo to a degree that it could have been a prop.

Crusaders keep on Shining, your concept comes across well. Have that movie bookmarked for after the season. Way to go! 

Edited by Bluzes
typo

1 minute ago, CrownBariDad said:

Why should it be?  It was built for sports and the trend these days is the louder, the better.

Exactly.  They are going to be hearing those sirens during Atlanta Falcons games.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, onionhead said:

I’m liking it !

It’s a really nice facility. Not sure it suits drum corps all that well. The clubs are a terrific convenience. But while in my seat I can hear people talking as they relax in the club area.

Maybe The Cavies will shut them up!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, bluesman said:

1.7 billion dollar stadium built with taxpayer money and it's not soundproof.  That's a shame.

it wasn't built only for DCI

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, bluesman said:

That's the last thing they would care about with a sports venue. They want loudness, noise, big crowd sound, etc.  Often they want the venue to have open-air sections for the people outside to hear what's going on inside. Until DCI builds it's own stadiums (which is not going to happen) then we are at the mercy of sports and the needs and desires of sports fans, teams, and league owners. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

As mentioned previously, the event staff is VERY friendly and helpful.  Almost creepily so.  LOL!

Not their fault they haven't been informed of DCI seating  etiquette.  I'm willing to cut them some slack, but not the late entrants. 

• Like 1