DCI Southeastern Regional - July 28, 2018

Just now, jwillis35 said:

That's the last thing they would care about with a sports venue. They want loudness, noise, big crowd sound, etc.  Often they want the venue to have open-air sections for the people outside to hear what's going on inside. Until DCI builds it's own stadiums (which is not going to happen) then we are at the mercy of sports and the needs and desires of sports fans, teams, and league owners. 

Yeah. Seems like common sense, lol

DCI never has been (and never will be) big enough on its own to build its own stadiums, etc

5 minutes ago, mjoakes said:

It’s a really nice facility. Not sure it suits drum corps all that well. The clubs are a terrific convenience. But while in my seat I can hear people talking as they relax in the club area.

Maybe The Cavies will shut them up!

Uh oh. Sounds like the old Georgia dome.  I was in the last row of the lowest section and it was loud from the concourse. 

Just now, Dcbae!23 said:

Yeah. Seems like common sense, lol

DCI never has been (and never will be) big enough on its own to build its own stadiums, etc

Agree. I am not a fan of using these indoor venues.  But I understand the concerns.  In Texas the heat can be so bad, as we saw just a week ago, that it makes sense to use the Alamo Dome. Same is true in the South, such as Atlanta.  For a big regional competition it ensures that the contest will go on without a hitch for the most part. The same, of course, is true to Lucas Oil Stadium in Indy.  The Midwest gets hit with lots of storms and rain in high humidity weather.  

However, we all know that for sheer great sound and fan enjoyment that there are better stadiums to use. It's a tradeoff for sure.

• Like 1

If I had to gander estimatedly on scores for that first block:

Music City leads in 73 - 74 range

OC & Genesis score closely, I'm guessing around a 72.

Seattle Cascades bests Surf, and both come out in the 68 - 70 range. Wouldn't mind seeing one (or both) hit 70!

Pioneer pleasantly surprised me, and I'd like to see them trailing Scades & Surf in the five point range, landing between a 62 - 65.

11 minutes ago, jwillis35 said:

That's the last thing they would care about with a sports venue. They want loudness, noise, big crowd sound, etc.  Often they want the venue to have open-air sections for the people outside to hear what's going on inside. Until DCI builds it's own stadiums (which is not going to happen) then we are at the mercy of sports and the needs and desires of sports fans, teams, and league owners. 

or return to outdoor venues and chance the weather.  

7 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

1 hour ago, N.E. Brigand said:

I think I figured it out: "Roundabout" by Yes.

Kilties played it in 73.  I think?  Jim would know. 

Yes they did.

posted from the DrumScorps app

• Like 1

Could someone from dci please lend FLO some drum corps CD's the constant pounding from this music is worst than the side affects of Sounds of Silence. Figuratively or literally either way, that would be better.