NightBEAT - July 29, 2018

2 minutes ago, FeathersUp said:

You sure about that?

I checked yesterday on fromthepressbox.com, why?

1 minute ago, Bluzes said:

Correct it's just a dreadful time late in the show finals night, knowing it's all coming to an end, The dread is never about who wins or loses, we're always happy for the winner and know everyone else got just of much out of the experience.

I didn’t say that quote.  

4 minutes ago, Cfmninjaa said:

The judge panel must've been one of the toughest of the season. All of the corps imo did better from last night to tonight.

For those who dont know. The score drops don't say the corp did worse from contest to contest. They are the result of tougher judging. I think for the most part the judges got it right. All the placements seem good. The spread in the top 3 will not be consistent. I don't see it being so. Three to four nights from now, the top 3 could be within a point of each other again.

That being said, this is a super competitive year. Just watch these shows for what they are. I'm not letting a score define how good I think a show is. They perform to entertain. Let's be entertained.

posted from the DrumScorps app

Couldn't agree more!

33 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

Does one need a degree in something to be qualified? I don't think electricians have a degree in that sort of work either, they have proper training though. 

A friend of mine is a licensed electrician...

You'll need to have an industry recognized level 3 qualification. Complete at least 720 hours of relevant classroom instruction through a state-approved school (can be part of an apprenticeship) Acquire at least 8,000 hours of supervised on-the-job experience from a certified electrician (can be part of an apprenticeship).  It normally takes two to four years to become fully qualified. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

I didn’t say that quote.  

deleted

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

I never laughed harder than when I read that people gamble on drum corps scores.  Imagine putting your hard earned on that?   

... or putting money on somebody other than BD to win ?

Image result for funny looking gambling.... gif

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

I never laughed harder than when I read that people gamble on drum corps scores.  Imagine putting your hard earned on that?  Bwahaha! 

Never heard of that before, but I guess you can find people that will gamble on just about anything.  Gambling = taxation for the math-impaired.

5 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

I checked yesterday on fromthepressbox.com, why?

I just don't remember the top 6 being at that many shows. Both regionals, Murf, and NightBEAT. What else? Also, what was their San Antonio content placement? 

Edited by FeathersUp

1 minute ago, kbbandman said:

Never heard of that before, but I guess you can find people that will gamble on just about anything.  Gambling = taxation for the math-impaired.

I think gambling in general, is stupid.  My apologies to you gamblers. 

Edited by Terri Schehr
  • Like 3

Question for those who watched online tonight. Did any of you experience really bad frame rate issues all evening? Where it would stay in 720p but be really jumpy and look like it was running at about 15fps. I went over to a friends house to watch tonight, and thus wasn't on the thread, and we had this issue all night.