NightBEAT - July 29, 2018

6 minutes ago, onionhead said:

Was she a prop ? Or one more guard member ? She was very effective either way, I remember the chills.

She was a guard member 

19 hours ago, George Dixon said:

Very cool BAC, very cool!

I'm prepared for Boston to overtake Crown in Indy. Their show is coming together at the right time.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

She was a guard member 

#151 ?

3 minutes ago, MikeRapp said:

I'm prepared for Boston to overtake Crown in Indy. Their show is coming together at the right time.

That's a pretty tall order. They are only beating them in one caption at the moment, they would need to see a big improvement across all sections to top Crown or Bloo. Not impossible, but it would be against very long odds.

Not taking anything away from them, they have a very entertaining and high quality show.

15 minutes ago, onionhead said:

Was she a prop ? Or one more guard member ? She was very effective either way, I remember the chills.

I agree that Clara was amazing. I remember some thinking since she was added, BD had too many MM's, which was false. The other was Clara was added because BD feared losing to Crown so they added her as a last ditch effort, which was garbage and hilarious since there was a BD 360 episode shot at Family Day in June, and it shows BD identifying Clara then. She was in the show plan the whole time, just wasn't added till the end. But yes till this day the ending of Ink gives me chills as well.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, N.E. Brigand said:

I watched BD (on high cam) and I didn't hear or see any technical mistakes other than one dropped rifle. The design doesn't thrill me, but that's just a matter of taste.

I was there live and heard a shocking number of missed releases from BD, almost all from trumpets. 

SCV had one ugly brass entrance near the beginning but otherwise was great. 

I'm shocked that Cadets brass only scored .2 behind the Cavaliers. Not only did their book seem significantly easier, but at low dynamics I was hearing feet in the sound and less-than-pleasant tone quality. 

I loved the first 10 minutes of the Cavaliers, but that ending has to be changed. The energy just flops over dead and doesn't recover. 

People were standing before the end for BAC, but I must have missed something because I don't get the hype. I thought their hornline was 2nd cleanest behind Crown, though. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, onionhead said:

#151 ?

Nope. BD marched 149 all season without anyone realizing it. 

• Like 3

Man... I love that disappearing act Boson does at the end... So effective I don't even think it needed an in your face chord, which is.... soooo risky. It pays off so well for them too. They sure know how to tell a story.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Baquan said:

People were standing before the end for BAC, but I must have missed something because I don't get the hype. I thought their hornline was 2nd cleanest behind Crown, though. 

Changed LOST to BAC then with corps members laying down in middle of field spelling WAS HERE with the rest of them in the ocean. This is just too much fun to worry about scores for me.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1