Chester Tour of Champions - August 01, 2018

1 hour ago, Ghost said:

Which might require some sort of prop to attach the equipment too.  No way any of these indoor stadiums are going to allow equipment to be up in the cat walks.

It's fun to ponder. Would envision one electronic type tarp that is placed down before the show. Becomes a shared asset at the show but each guard would need one for practice. Not only would it illuminate the floor but would beam air particle props on & off the surface. The Guard inserts their content and the show goes on.

16 minutes ago, Bluzes said:

It's fun to ponder. Would envision one electronic type tarp that is placed down before the show. Becomes a shared asset at the show but each guard would need one for practice. Not only would it illuminate the floor but would beam air particle props on & off the surface. The Guard inserts their content and the show goes on.

Please DCI corps directors.  Leave something like this to the WGI.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Ghost said:

. Please DCI corps directors.  Leave something like this to the WGI.

it's all the same..same judges, many members, staff's..yeah it's the same and has been for a very long time same for bands. One does not influence the other because it has become 1 big activity feeding off each other. If people could just get past this they also might see one actually over the years might have saved the other.

Edited by GUARDLING

9 hours ago, DCIDADDIO said:

Spoken like a true homer.

I don’t really care about corps doing gymnastics and all that, but incessant runs and double tonguing where it’s not needed or indicated really grinds my gears. It sounds awful, like corps trying to do warm ups in the middle of the performance

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Cappybara said:

I don’t really care about corps doing gymnastics and all that, but incessant runs and double tonguing where it’s not needed or indicated really grinds my gears. It sounds awful, like corps trying to do warm ups in the middle of the performance

And this is why I believe SCV brass is stronger than Crown brass.  All the virtuosity in SCV's book seems to be part of the actual tune whereas Crown inserts virtuosic warm up routines in the middle of a tune to show they can play fast/triple tongue!!!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Cappybara said:

Yeah I will go there...Crown has almost ruined that Bruckner opening with the extraneous fluff in the brass.  They need to clean forms and worry about feet if they want to medal.

1 hour ago, Sideways said:

Yeah I will go there...Crown has almost ruined that Bruckner opening with the extraneous fluff in the brass.  They need to clean forms and worry about feet if they want to medal.

They’ve been ruining pieces doing these type of runs and intricate rhythmic passages since 2013/2014. 

Most egregious instance, at least for me, was when they changed up Dies Irae in July of 2015 to add a bunch of runs out of nowhere. Completely ruined the piece for me. Michael Klesch is an amazing arranger, but I really wish he goes back to the balanced writing he had from prior to their championship year. They won Otts with that style, no reason they can’t do so again 

2 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

They’ve been ruining pieces doing these type of runs and intricate rhythmic passages since 2013/2014. 

Most egregious instance, at least for me, was when they changed up Dies Irae in July of 2015 to add a bunch of runs out of nowhere. Completely ruined the piece for me. Michael Klesch is an amazing arranger, but I really wish he goes back to the balanced writing he had from prior to their championship year. They won Otts with that style, no reason they can’t do so again 

Crown's true "beast..."

Image result for arban's book trumpet

I may be alone in this thought... but I have come to HATE the stadium in Chester. The combination of the overhang with the amplification (and at times fake brass feed through the speakers)  has made it very difficult to really HEAR what the corps are playing. It was a very disappointing experience. Can't wait for J. Birney this weekend where one can hear the nuances of each production. When the show was first moved to Chester I thought the sound was loud but still readable. I believe the application contributes negatively in this stadium from a clarity standpoint.

1 hour ago, Sideways said:

Crown's true "beast..."

Image result for arban's book trumpet

my bible :smile:

Edited by Liahona