Flo Guy FIRED for Sexist Remarks

10 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Funny never had a problem.....

There is nothing funny about maybe you need to experience life some more?

1 minute ago, Bluzes said:

Does it come close to meeting the concerns about the A Corps. I am confused about hearing the Military OKed women in combat. Everything has a time & place I guess. Back in the seventies when women were placed on a pedestal and were protected from such violence men would have risked their own lives and others. The focus of conflict would have been on them being safe. What changed? Had the attitude changed today to the survival of the genderless in the name of social justice? Being polite and opening a simple door is now evil  

...what are you talking about? Who are you talking to?

This topic is about a Flo commentator saying something sexist and bening fired for it.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Been around long enough to experience plenty and my Sig can clue on my age.

Also experienced enough to understand some changes instead of griping about it.

Ok done with this off topic

6 hours ago, skevinp said:

This all kind of begs the questions:

1.  Do people believe there are any advantages of being an all-male corps over being a coed corps?

2.  If so, is it sexist to believe that?

3.  If not, is there any reason for the Cavaliers to stay all-male?

No opinion is being expressed here.  I'm just curious to know people's thoughts.

Well this is the 4th time at least this has come up this season...so there is clearly a discourse.

1. No

2. Yes unless you are citing unique identity

3. The reason for change would be gender discrimination...but I'm good with the Cavies being all male. It's their identity.

Edited by ThePlanets

1 minute ago, jeffmolnar said:

.what are you talking about? Who are you talking to?

The FLO issue speaks to a larger issue for me. FLO did the right thing. Others on here have related this the Cavie issue, not me. But I have a target on my back so go for it blame me, I am a big boy.  

4 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Also experienced enough to understand some changes instead of griping about it.

I do not make this stuff up. Had it happen to me going into city hall Boston. However, there is communication about this happening elsewhere at Yale for instance.

Class of ’02, and paused to let her pass through the doorway they were both headed for, gesturing politely, “After you.” Her response was to spit out one word, with anger: “Patriarchy!”

5 minutes ago, Bluzes said:

The FLO issue speaks to a larger issue for me. FLO did the right thing. Others on here have related this the Cavie issue, not me. But I have a target on my back so go for it blame me, I am a big boy.  

You “have a target in your back” because you make the same tired arguements we’ve seen from your generation for years now.

What changed? We stared actually treating women as equals, rather than just saying we did. You should start.

• Thanks 3

I do not make this stuff up. Had it happen to me going into city hall Boston. However, there is communication about this happening elsewhere at Yale for instance.

Class of ’02, and paused to let her pass through the doorway they were both headed for, gesturing politely, “After you.” Her response was to spit out one word, with anger: “Patriarchy!”

How terrible, I hope that poor man will be okay. Do you think he’ll ever recover? Such a rough life.

• Haha 4

15 minutes ago, jeffmolnar said:

How terrible, I hope that poor man will be okay. Do you think he’ll ever recover? Such a rough life.

And out of the hundred of times he opened doors probably the only nasty response he ever got. So talk like the entire group or society today is like the one person with a mad on. And incidents like this went on decades before....

Edited by JimF-LowBari

22 minutes ago, Bluzes said:

Finally noticed you misread my use of "funny". I meant peculiar not humorous...