2019 Madison Scouts!

45 minutes ago, FlamMan said:

As someone who has spent my entire career working in sales leadership positions for manufacturers, if a power outage caused a late delivery, then they were already way behind. The uniforms should have been delivered well before the season started. Also, power outages typically don't last very long and would have minimal impact on order delivery.

I have some swampland in Arizona for sale if you are interested...

That TOTALLY depends on WHEN Stanbury was given everything they needed to begin production.  I know for a fact that drum corps orders, unlike most marching band orders, do not come in several months in advance.  In this day and age when corps are changing uniforms ANNUALLY and designers may not be making decisions on uniforms/costumes until late in the process I could understand this happening.  Madison isn't the first corps to start the season without a complete uniform.

8 hours ago, FlamMan said:

As someone who has spent my entire career working in sales leadership positions for manufacturers, if a power outage caused a late delivery, then they were already way behind. The uniforms should have been delivered well before the season started. Also, power outages typically don't last very long and would have minimal impact on order delivery.

I have some swampland in Arizona for sale if you are interested...

Blue Devils new 1976 uniforms were late arriving, and they did early contests without uniform tops.  I suppose you would have fired Jerry Seawright on the spot, and then gone after the entire corps BOD.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

i'm friends with a member online, and seeing his postings, he has no mindset of losing. he has a mindset of giving his best and rocking the crowd, with occasional shots at #####y alumni on DCP

Well, you keep riding that -blame the alumni - thing. And I’ll keep refuting it. Or you can stop and I’ll stop. Your choice.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, cixelsyd said:

Blue Devils new 1976 uniforms were late arriving, and they did early contests without uniform tops.  I suppose you would have fired Jerry Seawright on the spot, and then gone after the entire corps BOD.

Yeah, it’s the uniforms. That’s the problem. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, cixelsyd said:

Devils took 2nd in 1975 and would revolutionize drum corps with their 1976 production. They were flush with money because of Jerry's financial acumen, and  Jerry WAS the Blue Devils. Those calling for a change to the Madison leadership are citing many reasons for why they think changes should be made.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, oldbandguy said:

That TOTALLY depends on WHEN Stanbury was given everything they needed to begin production.  I know for a fact that drum corps orders, unlike most marching band orders, do not come in several months in advance.  In this day and age when corps are changing uniforms ANNUALLY and designers may not be making decisions on uniforms/costumes until late in the process I could understand this happening.  Madison isn't the first corps to start the season without a complete uniform.

That is my point 

11 minutes ago, Gantang said:

Devils took 2nd in 1975 and would revolutionize drum corps with their 1976 production. They were flush with money because of Jerry's financial acumen, and  Jerry WAS the Blue Devils. Those calling for a change to the Madison leadership are citing many reasons for why they think changes should be made.

Yup.

On a positive note, Madison has a great snare line this year. These guys have a difficult book and are clean. 

• Thanks 1