2019 Madison Scouts!

7 minutes ago, tesmusic said:

I’m not encouraged by those guard numbers, but hoping for the best. 

This may offend some, but that has never stopped me before... Drum Corps was great when the music was the focus and more important than visual.

MDCGA!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, xandandl said:

now I understand your Cubs' logo.

You didn't understand it before? The best organization in MLB.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Rudy18 said:

Day 17 of Spring Training: Snakes are scaling the building walls

7mazXCR.jpgHC2G5Nm.jpg

You want snakes. Ask Crown about those big, arm thick black snakes that interrupt their FE sessions at Gardner-Webb. We even had a photo or two of it DCP awhile back.                      Swampfox came from the Carolinas don't forget.

Mad Scouts better keep eyes open or these things will be chopped up and served with dinner.  Something about that Madison tough guy image.

• Haha 1

I love seeing the pics of Trafalgar. That's where I spent my high school band camp years--that old tower certainly brings back memories! The snakes? Not so much. 

Good ole camp Raglarart! (as we called it during high school band camp). The snakes and faulty electric sockets in the octagon were memorable.  As were the thuds of munitions going off on the adjacent artillery grounds.  

My senior year we left Trafalgar (in part due to some inappropriate behavior of the campground staff with band members...sigh) for another place who's name eludes me.  They had two practice fields for us and we broke to sectionals to have the brass and saxes work on drill while the rest of the woodwinds when to work on music on the alternate field.  The alternate field was kind of cool because it was on marshland and if you jumped, you could make it ripplewave a bit.  About 30 minutes later, the woodwinds (mostly girls) come tearing over the hill screaming like some mass murderer was after them.  Apparently they'd been allowed to sit after awhile for music practice and settled in only to discover...that field was infested with wolf spiders. Wolf spiders jump when they feel threatened.  So....after one crawled up on someone's leg while sitting, the screaming began and people looked around to find the grass moving...everywhere.  Panic set in with people trying to kick them away etc.  And they started jumping at people.  At that point it was a mass rush away from the field like you'd see in a horror movie.  

We saxes and the brass could not stop laughing about it once we learned what happened.  The band busses featured many plastic spiders through the fall season.

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, KVG_DC said:

Good ole camp Raglarart! (as we called it during high school band camp). The snakes and faulty electric sockets in the octagon were memorable.  As were the thuds of munitions going off on the adjacent artillery grounds.  

My senior year we left Trafalgar (in part due to some inappropriate behavior of the campground staff with band members...sigh) for another place who's name eludes me.  They had two practice fields for us and we broke to sectionals to have the brass and saxes work on drill while the rest of the woodwinds when to work on music on the alternate field.  The alternate field was kind of cool because it was on marshland and if you jumped, you could make it ripplewave a bit.  About 30 minutes later, the woodwinds (mostly girls) come tearing over the hill screaming like some mass murderer was after them.  Apparently they'd been allowed to sit after awhile for music practice and settled in only to discover...that field was infested with wolf spiders. Wolf spiders jump when they feel threatened.  So....after one crawled up on someone's leg while sitting, the screaming began and people looked around to find the grass moving...everywhere.  Panic set in with people trying to kick them away etc.  And they started jumping at people.  At that point it was a mass rush away from the field like you'd see in a horror movie.  

We saxes and the brass could not stop laughing about it once we learned what happened.  The band busses featured many plastic spiders through the fall season.

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, KVG_DC said:

Woodwind, eh?!  That explains a lot.