2019 Phantom Regiment

1 hour ago, queenanne_1536 said:

It’s a show about empowering women without a single piece of music written by women. That’s pretty tone deaf on the part of Regiment’s design team.

Why?  Is the show about empowering women musicians?  Spartacus wasn’t written by Roman slaves. Should Regiment have not played that?  This whole thing is bogus grievance politics. It’s ridiculous 

• Thanks 2

Good grief - I just want a great show with great music and visuals. I don’t care if the source music was written by gerbil as long as it is great. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

9 minutes ago, HockeyDad said:

Why?  Is the show about empowering women musicians?  Spartacus wasn’t written by Roman slaves. Should Regiment have not played that?  This whole thing is bogus grievance politics. It’s ridiculous 

Identity politics which loves breaking all of us into little camps of varying victim status

Cadets show is also about women (I think, the design videos sort of run amok) and their fanfare for women is in fact written by a women. It was then hacked apart and completely reimagined/rearranged by a man with a ponytail. I don’t care - just impress and entertain us!

Edited by George Dixon
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, HockeyDad said:

It’s not bogus. I’m not sure why you don’t get that it was a really missed opportunity here. I think it’s obvious there’s nothing I can say to make you get it.

Just now, queenanne_1536 said:

It’s not bogus. I’m not sure why you don’t get that it was a really missed opportunity here. I think it’s obvious there’s nothing I can say to make you get it.

Not. It’s like if SCV 2018 only picked Babylonian music va dance club and contemporary stuff 

1 minute ago, George Dixon said:

Identity politics which loves breaking all of us into little camps of varying victim status

Cadets show is also about women (I think, the design videos sort of run amok) and their fanfare for women is in fact written by a women. It was then hacked apart and completely reimagined/rearranged by a man with a ponytail. I don’t care - just impress and entertain us!

It’s not victim status. It is just another example of the inabilities of this design team to think outside the box and really represent the empowerment of women. Go to Twitter, go to Facebook. There are many of us that get it. No ones a victim - it’s just dumb to tout your show as a show about female empowerment and play only music written by men.

• Thanks 1

Just now, George Dixon said:

Not. It’s like if SCV 2018 only picked Babylonian music va dance club and contemporary stuff 

Again. If you’re not getting it then there’s nothing I can say to make you get it.

1 minute ago, queenanne_1536 said:

It’s not victim status. It is just another example of the inabilities of this design team to think outside the box and really represent the empowerment of women. Go to Twitter, go to Facebook. There are many of us that get it. No ones a victim - it’s just dumb to tout your show as a show about female empowerment and play only music written by men.

Perhaps relying on Twitter and Facebook for validation is your problem?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Sutasaurus said:

Perhaps relying on Twitter and Facebook for validation is your problem?

It’s not validation, nor do I need validation. I was merely pointing out that there are a lot of us who get it. Seemingly more than those of you who don’t get it. Perhaps those of you who don’t get it should try to learn something.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1