Carolina Crown 2019

38 minutes ago, Incognito365 said:

One:89_clap:more:89_clap:time:89_clap:for:89_clap:the:89_clap:people:89_clap:in:89_clap:the:89_clap:back!:89_clap:

In all seriousness, and to go back to the guard discussion, I saw this brought up on Reddit and I thought it to be a good point. The guard really isn't bad at all this year, and their scores proved that last night. The drill really isn't the issue either because the guard is really well incorporated this year as well. Could the uniform be the issue that is causing them to not stand out? I have found myself watching Flo and not seeing any design on the uniforms, but really just a mass of white. Do they read like this from the box? Would a change of guard uniform, albeit expensive, be worth it?

Cadets have some neon uniforms, lightly used, that could be utilized. 😉

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Sideways said:

Cadets have some neon uniforms, lightly used, that could be utilized. 😉

Hey, whatever it takes, to turn this show on!

• Like 1

I always thought how cool would it be if they had neon lighting used on the props.. 😂😜😎

39 minutes ago, nsxanax said:

No, I get it.

While it might be a stretch to think that uni’s alone would make/break a program, my first instinct is that designers select corps attire that is integral to the visual aesthetic. 

I’ve read elsewhere that there’s a lot of wonderful music in this world, but more than some would not likely translate well in a corps show.

Perhaps the same could be said for certain pallet predilections.

Speaking of visual aesthetic, we still haven’t talked about the triangle props or the plexus glass props the guard is using. #facepalm

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Highwaydude said:

I always thought how cool would it be if they had neon lighting used on the props.. 😂😜😎

Ronald Reagan HS, 2003.

As I remarked in another topic just today: BOA isn’t always bad...

1 hour ago, BWise said:

For real tho. What is the thought behind keeping everything monochrome. ??? Even most of the flags have very little color. It has got to hurt GE and visual ??? Says Mr Amateur Judge. Lol.

When I saw the uniform reveal I was like ... really? Matchy..match .. again?  Only to be topped by green guard uniforms on green grass with green flags ??? It Is. 

ok I’ll stop.  

Maybe it's time to grab someone from BD or BK. Those two corps do color palettes better than any corps out there imo

15 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

Maybe it's time to grab someone from BD or BK. Those two corps do color palettes better than any corps out there imo

There is a reason I guess.. but it seems flawed to me!  And I have not even gotten to the plexiglass things .. that rank with the rope flags last year that were impossible to sync. 

Edited by BWise
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, nsxanax said:

Ronald Reagan HS, 2003.

As I remarked in another topic just today: BOA isn’t always bad...

Umm, where was the neon lights in that show? Neon colors and plumes, but no lights. Maybe something like this lining the triangles...

181027StateMarchingBandmg00

StateFinals_1831663-X2.jpg

Those suckers were BRIGHT at night time.

Edited by Incognito365
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Incognito365 said:

Umm, where was the neon lights in that show? Neon colors and plumes, but no lights. Maybe something like this lining the triangles...

181027StateMarchingBandmg00

Those suckers were BRIGHT at night time.

Well. Maybe slightly more subtle color  .. some  battery operated LEDS .. with the stadium lights off  .. lol  

I get the all ethereal ..  gauzy .. thin transparent surfacey  thing. BUT .. like they really need to put some color on the guard at least. Flags .. or an overlay on the guard’s existing uni .. something.

• Like 1