Blue Devils 2019

Psh. I just pull off my socks. Using fingers and toes I can count to 37.

Alright BD.........big boys back east threw down the gauntlet and brought it tonite!! What do you got? DO IT UP DEVILS!!!!

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Dream Theater said:

Thanks Chief. A little secret...I used to be a frequent poster on the old Blue Devils forums way back in the day. 😉

I rarely posted on the BD forums but I was a frequent lurker. Miss that forum a lot.  Reminded me of some great threads like the Natalie Portman one.  

33 minutes ago, Whiskey said:

I rarely posted on the BD forums but I was a frequent lurker. Miss that forum a lot.  Reminded me of some great threads like the Natalie Portman one.  

or the Eric vs. Eric. If it helps I posted the Through the years post with fun facts about every year. lol all that info came from the 1992 DCI program. 

• Like 1

Well BD Nation the streak for consecutive wins following a silver medal finish is over at 103 wins. First and foremost let's all congratulate SCV and their fanbase on breaking the streak. If it had to happen, i am so happy it came to a fellow Cali corps! California stand up!!

Secondly, lets all give BD a Standing Ovation. This was a streak dating back to 2006. We witnessed dominance that we may never see again in our life time. 

With that being said.......it's one show. Season is just beginning. BD can drop some shows and still win it all, 2007 and 2015 being most recent. 

And if nothing else lets root on SCV to continue Cali dominance. East coast can hold finals hostage if they want, as long the DCI champion resides in California!

GO SCV! DO IT UP DEVILS!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 6/20/2019 at 8:36 PM, hostrauser said:

At a standstill. I counted 30 seconds of a 9 minute video where the ENTIRE brass line was playing AND moving at the same time. The combination of elements has been sorely lacking from BD for probably a decade... but since the judges (apparently) no longer look for that, why bother? Pose and play, then jazz run to your next prop, and repeat. Aside from guard, BD's visual design has gotten EXTREMELY stale to me. There's absolutely no individual difficulty to BD's books beyond simple endurance; it's all sacrificed for staging and transitions.

We say stuff like this from the sidelines a lot but, truthfully, the only people who can speak to things like individual difficulty are the MMs, and they give the impression that bd’s shows are mentally and physically demanding, year in and out. I know that’s not as scientific as counting from a YouTube video, but the kids just might be right about this one! 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, saxfreq1128 said:

We say stuff like this from the sidelines a lot but, truthfully, the only people who can speak to things like individual difficulty are the MMs, and they give the impression that bd’s shows are mentally and physically demanding, year in and out. I know that’s not as scientific as counting from a YouTube video, but the kids just might be right about this one! 

yeah, my stopwatch comment didn't come out of nowhwere.

there was a clique of people on here back in the early 2000s when the cavies were dominating who flooded the board with timings of simultaneous playing by sections...oftentimes broken down into moving vs not moving, and the percentage of players perceived to be playing the "hard parts" vs those who got cut. 

i wasn't even a cavies fan, but the "they only played for 30 seconds blah blah blah" stuff was super obnoxious. 

if you don't like it, great. no need to reduce what performers are doing to what your fingers, toes, or stopwatches tell you. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Lance said:

yeah, my stopwatch comment didn't come out of nowhwere.

there was a clique of people on here back in the early 2000s when the cavies were dominating who flooded the board with timings of simultaneous playing by sections...oftentimes broken down into moving vs not moving, and the percentage of players perceived to be playing the "hard parts" vs those who got cut. 

i wasn't even a cavies fan, but the "they only played for 30 seconds blah blah blah" stuff was super obnoxious. 

if you don't like it, great. no need to reduce what performers are doing to what your fingers, toes, or stopwatches tell you. 

Wish i can "Like" and "Thanks" this post.

59 minutes ago, Chief Guns said:

Well BD Nation the streak for consecutive wins following a silver medal finish is over at 103 wins. First and foremost let's all congratulate SCV and their fanbase on breaking the streak. If it had to happen, i am so happy it came to a fellow Cali corps! California stand up!!

Secondly, lets all give BD a Standing Ovation. This was a streak dating back to 2006. We witnessed dominance that we may never see again in our life time. 

With that being said.......it's one show. Season is just beginning. BD can drop some shows and still win it all, 2007 and 2015 being most recent. 

And if nothing else lets root on SCV to continue Cali dominance. East coast can hold finals hostage if they want, as long the DCI champion resides in California!

GO SCV! DO IT UP DEVILS!

Yea I seem to know one of those 2015 members.  I can recall back at shows thinking we just beat the  San Jose and Stockton teams.  Looks like we get to rub shoulders with those Vanguard people. The rest is history.Growing up with a Jazz afficianato and a top of the line stereo and hearing the interesting stuff that red team was playing I decided to look for the music they were playing and others all around the area.