George Hopkins Charged with two Counts Sexual Assault

1 hour ago, BigW said:

Dude, you and I were taught by the Band Director from there. :whistle:

Was that Mr You Monkeys? And about the time it all broke loose at Upper Merion (1979).

Weird as they dumped the body near Harrisburg East PA turnpike exit (few miles away). IIRC it was found right as we went back after break. So I was saying "welcome to Harrisburg check this out". Later it was my turnpike exit but your school. Ugh 

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Mello Dude said:

This entire thread brought to you by RAMD.

as someone who posted there during the worst of times:

not even ####### close.

4 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Yep... and one of the worst offenders wanted to start another site that would be moderated. And dcp hadn’t started yet I think.

one of the worst offenders.... if you know who hadn’t gone off for a while he would post crap just to rile her up.

one of the worst offenders started DCP

( sorry George, i couldn't resist)

:notme:

4 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Was that Mr You Monkeys? And about the time it all broke loose at Upper Merion (1979).

Weird as they dumped the body near Harrisburg East PA turnpike exit (few miles away). IIRC it was found right as we went back after break. So I was saying "welcome to Harrisburg check this out". Later it was my turnpike exit but your school. Ugh 

I live less than 5 minutes away from where they found the body now. It's the Red Lion hotel now. And yes, it was him. :satisfied:

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

I was on RAMD (rec.arts.marching.drumcorps) practically from the beginning.  It was a no-holds barred Usenet group.  That was probably over 25 years ago. 

I came late to the RAMD party.  Didn't post too much... but had fun reading some of the crazy stuff.

What a cast of characters. I remember a lady named Connie Breen... who apparently thought Vince Bruni was the driving force behind every conspiracy in the world. :laughing:

Edited by Fran Haring
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

No hear say involved here as the accusers are saying first hand what happened to them. None of this is “someone told me that”.

Can you even call something hearsay when you aren't actually IN court? I thought hearsay was basically someone in court, making an assertion on a matter that they weren't present for. Like I can't say "GH is guilty because my father's brother's nephew's cousin's former roommate told me he saw......"

PS - 2pts to Space Balls 

• Thanks 2

35 minutes ago, Weaklefthand4ever said:

Can you even call something hearsay when you aren't actually IN court? I thought hearsay was basically someone in court, making an assertion on a matter that they weren't present for. Like I can't say "GH is guilty because my father's brother's nephew's cousin's former roommate told me he saw......"

PS - 2pts to Space Balls 

Yep my understanding too. During PSU mess saw so many posts of people saying you could only tell cops stuff you actually saw and nothing else. Wasn’t sure if they had what was allowed in court confused with what you could tell investigators (“just looks suspicious “, etc). Or... they were just trying to shut people up who disagreed with them 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, 777hornman said:

I dont think they have any proof. Now hear say is one thing but for a court of law you need DNA or a video.  

I think you are confusing hearsay with testimony in general.  The in-court testimony of victims and other witnesses are used as evidence in courts all the the time. They are present and so can be cross examined, and it is up to the jury to assess their credibility.

• Like 3