In addition the criminal charges against GH

44 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

Of course. Like most things in Drum Corps, we discuss things. When the alleged Sexual Assault victims are videotaped and we SEE and we HEAR their harrowing stories filled with tearful anquish with the alleged Sexual Assaults, we evaluate this, and we comment on it.

Question.. Did you watch and listen to the videotapes in the Philly Inquirer of the 2 alleged Assault Victims describing in vivid detail their alleged Sexual Assaults ? Just curious, Lancer79 ? If so, do you find their tear filled accounting credible ?..... or not credible ?

I did see a couple of videos. I choose not to comment about the women.  I can only speak about my first person experience and knowledge and my perception ... that is the reality I know and can speak. It would not be right for me to give my comments as it would not have any relevance, what I think. I wasn’t there. 

2 minutes ago, GUARDLING said:

You are not doing yourself or him any good by stating your personal opinion on personal matters or intimate feelings ( not here anyway ) Your last statement does have merit whether one agrees HOW he got to success or not. The success speaks for itself, although no one does it alone.

His greatest feat in leadership was the teams he built! He brought excellent people together to make excellent shows and humans who developed amazing character and work ethic!

1 minute ago, Lancer79 said:

His greatest feat in leadership was the teams he built! He brought excellent people together to make excellent shows and humans who developed amazing character and work ethic!

I love when people pick and choose what part they want to respond to or focus on. Seems a theme in today's politics also. With that said YES, some of the teams brought together were some of the best at given times. 

1 hour ago, Lancer79 said:

He was taking actions, he organized the Alumni Series, but they hit him in January so... it all happened fast. They found the metoo movement and saw how lethal it could be to any mans career. That’s why I keep saying, it all didn’t have to happen this way.

Wait a minute. The Boy Scouts has sexual misconduct issues first exposed around 1978. Boys and Girls Clubs, about 1999. The Archdiocese of Boston 2002. Jerry Sandusky 2012. Jared Fogle 2015. Larry Nasir 2016.

Did he want thing to happen differently?  I hope what you are saying is true. But don’t blame #metoo for moving things too fast and destroying his career and even if #metoo played a role, you have to have the wrongdoing in the first place.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Lancer79 said:

I did see a couple of videos. I choose not to comment about the women.  I can only speak about my first person experience and knowledge and my perception ... that is the reality I know and can speak. It would not be right for me to give my comments as it would not have any relevance, what I think. I wasn’t there. 

True, you were not there.. none of us were.

Regarding that dinner you once had with GH however, and shared here on DCP with us, is it fair to conclude that when you and he agreed to get together over Dinner, from your perspective, it was to be a business type meal ? Professional, in nature ? That you believed he agreed to get together with you to discuss your ideas for.. I believe you said... fabrics for his future Cadets ? and other ideas you had for him to consider for implementation with his Cadets ?  His thoughts on " Jesus " and the like, perhaps as well ?

I assume that at least YOU thought the dinner meeting was to be business like and professional, correct ?. You did not describe it on here as a " date", nor as a romantic meal agreed too.  If so, is it fair to conclude that " business " things took an unexpected, wholly unprofessional, unwanted sexual advance on even YOU, and on your first business meeting with him, no less ?  When he surreptitiously put his hand under the table, and touched your thigh in an unwanted sexual way ?  Is it also fair to believe that from GH's perspective, its likely he was not really interested in your ideas for " fabrics " or your thoughts on " Jesus " or " spirituality ", nor any other" creative ideas" you might've had for his Cadets ?... at all ?  That he agreed to have  dinner with you for reasons that had little to virtually nothing at all to do with the Cadets ? That his agreement to meet with you for dinner was likely totally primal .. not professional, nor spiritual in nature, on his behalf. ? That he might have attempted to essentially con you ? ( or much worse ? ).. and on your first " business " lunch/ dinner with him, no less ? Just curious on your thoughts now looking back on this dinner the two of you had once,  and you shared with us here on DCP, thats all,  Lancer79.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Tim K said:

Wait a minute. The Boy Scouts has sexual misconduct issues first exposed around 1978. Boys and Girls Clubs, about 1999. The Archdiocese of Boston 2002. Jerry Sandusky 2012. Jared Fogle 2015. Larry Nasir 2016.

Did he want thing to happen differently?  I hope what you are saying is true. But don’t blame #metoo for moving things too fast and destroying his career and even if #metoo played a role, you have to have the wrongdoing in the first place.

Heck... these issues with nefarious HS Band directors have been around for well over 40 years. And for years, varied ways that behavior was dealt with as well.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Lancer79 said:

The two women that are accusing him came forward after the group of women the Alumni gathered were presented to the press. I believe they just wanted to shame him and get him to resign. Once the story broke the other two women came forward. With the whole metoo movement being so hot... the rest happened. I don’t believe they wanted this outcome. They just wanted to their corps back and really really did not like him.

your math doesn't add up because the first article was about 10 women. Good try though

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Lancer79 said:

Not at all. When George told me how much this group hated him I thought, this is insane, this is like a soap opera... who has time for this? Having NOT been a part of Drum corps in over 30 years, I had no idea how some people, kind of like a high school reunion where people are still living in their glory day, are still there. He did not give me names, nor did I ask. I just started exploring Facebook looking for public chatter. Putting the pieces together. Certainly not rocket science if you know what your looking for.

let's be honest here...hundreds if not thousands of people hated him. I mean legit real life hatred. It happens when you mock employees for leaving, treating people like crap, using people then chucking them aside when they are no longer any good for your agenda...I could go on and on. And it happened over and over and over and over and over again. YOur problem is your affection for him clouds your ability to look objectively at some stone cold hard facts well established over decades

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

6 hours ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

I think you are right. They didn’t want this outcome. They didn’t want to be sexually assaulted by someone they trusted. I am sure they didn’t want that. But here we are and they are tremendously brave for going through the hell of a trial because of it.

best post in DCP history

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BRASSO said:

True, you were not there.. none of us were.

Regarding that dinner you once had with GH however, and shared here on DCP with us, is it fair to conclude that when you and he agreed to get together over Dinner, from your perspective, it was to be a business type meal ? Professional, in nature ? That you believed he agreed to get together with you to discuss your ideas for.. I believe you said... fabrics for his future Cadets ? and other ideas you had for him to consider for implementation with his Cadets ?  His thoughts on " Jesus " and the like, perhaps as well ?

I assume that at least YOU thought the dinner meeting was to be business like and professional, correct ?. You did not describe it on here as a " date", nor as a romantic meal agreed too.  If so, is it fair to conclude that " business " things took an unexpected, wholly unprofessional, unwanted sexual advance on even YOU, and on your first business meeting with him, no less ?  When he surreptitiously put his hand under the table, and touched your thigh in an unwanted sexual way ?  Is it also fair to believe that from GH's perspective, its likely he was not really interested in your ideas for " fabrics " or your thoughts on " Jesus " or " spirituality ", nor any other" creative ideas" you might've had for his Cadets ?... at all ?  That he agreed to have  dinner with you for reasons that had little to virtually nothing at all to do with the Cadets ? That his agreement to meet with you for dinner was likely totally primal .. not professional on his behalf. ? That he might have attempted to essentially con you ? ( or much worse ? ).. and on your first " business " lunch/ dinner with him, no less ? Just curious on your thoughts now looking back on this dinner the two of you had once,  and you shared with us here on DCP, thats all,  Lancer79.

Wow you have quite the imagination. I don’t read into anything the way you do. I guess because I’ve been single for 10 years and in the last 5 years have been online dating. I’ve gone on hundreds of coffee dates. All being just one date in a public place talking for 1-3 hours. Thus the quantity of dates... My interest has been just to interview, with I guess the lottery chance of actually liking one. I prefer men in the 1 percentile, highly driven and very successful.  George was just another man.  I would say I could easily write a book... from the thousands of hours of dialogue I’ve had from all the coffee dates. Of course all, as I stated, in a public place.  I’ve heard pretty much everything you could imagine... I don’t read anything into anything. I know what my objective is and I stay the course. George was interesting because he was down to earth, present, human and genuinely curious. Really not such a spectacular story to share.