njthundrrd

DCI FINALS .... of just The Cadet (Holy Name, Garfield, Bergen, etc) shows.

Recommended Posts

This is tough, but I'll give it a shot.

1. 2010 Toy SOULdier - greatest show in DCI history

Just kidding, sorry, I couldn't resist. Here's the real list:

1. 1987 Appalachian Spring - took my breath away.

2. 1985 - awesome.

3. 2000 We are the Future - just unbelievable.

4. 1996 The American West - good fun.

5. 1991 The ABC's of Modern American Music - so underrated.

6. 2005 The Zone - brilliant.

7. 2001 Juxtaperformance - underrated and amazing.

8. 1992 To Tame the Perilous Skies - grew exceptionally over the past week of the season. thrilling to witness.

9. 1997 Celebration - cool.

10. 1989 Les Miserables - ahead of its time.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, queenanne_1536 said:

This is tough, but I'll give it a shot.

1. 2010 Toy SOULdier - greatest show in DCI history

Just kidding, sorry, I couldn't resist. Here's the real list:

1. 1987 Appalachian Spring - took my breath away.

2. 1985 - awesome.

3. 2000 We are the Future - just unbelievable.

4. 1996 The American West - good fun.

5. 1991 The ABC's of Modern American Music - so underrated.

6. 2005 The Zone - brilliant.

7. 2001 Juxtaperformance - underrated and amazing.

8. 1992 To Tame the Perilous Skies - grew exceptionally over the past week of the season. thrilling to witness.

9. 1997 Celebration - cool.

10. 1989 Les Miserables - ahead of its time.

At least, you didn’t say 2008.  😂 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

At least, you didn’t say 2008.  😂 

Ugh! The NPR show. I thought Hopkins was going to keep doing it as a pledge drive. “Pledge now, or we will keep doing shows like this!”

Edited by Jurassic Lancer
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

Ugh! The NPR show. I thought Hopkins was going to keep doing it as a pledge drive. “Pledge now, or we will keep doing shows like this!”

That NPR show was a disaster. I literally could not watch the Cadets that year.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This lacks cavies lol

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, dans said:

That NPR show was a disaster. I literally could not watch the Cadets that year.

The ending was good though after she stopped yapping.  

 

Edited by Terri Schehr
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

Ugh! The NPR show. I thought Hopkins was going to keep doing it as a pledge drive. “Pledge now, or we will keep doing shows like this!”

I would have given money to not see that again.  :laughing:

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

The ending was good though after she stopped yapping.  

 

yes once they ditched the talking ending, this was awesome. also the best video example for watching the percussion judge knowing the drill and where to go and be safe

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/9/2019 at 7:05 AM, Jeff Ream said:

yes once they ditched the talking ending, this was awesome. also the best video example for watching the percussion judge knowing the drill and where to go and be safe

Talking, singing, narration almost never ever never ever ever works. I wish designers would get this through their thick heads. It is almost 100% of the time stupid and cheesy. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, queenanne_1536 said:

Talking, singing, narration almost never ever never ever ever works. I wish designers would get this through their thick heads. It is almost 100% of the time stupid and cheesy. 

This one who lives here (not me) has been pretty vocal about his dislike of singing in shows but he really did like Bluecoats singer last year.  And he liked the young lady in Boston in 2017.   

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.