Blue Stars 2019

I’m looking forward to seeing how they use Tchaikovsky Symphony #1. My guess is the second movement will be featured but the first movement could yield some interesting results. 

Not gonna lie. This sounds like it could be epic!

How will that horn line mimic the wolf's howl?  Or will it be another electronic sample?

I hope the wolf howl's in LOS will be as dynamic as the Minneapolis Viking's horn cry at  US Bank Stadium. 

• Like 1

I'll say it again. I'm just so impressed with the Blue Stars' history as an original Combine corps sticking with it through all those rough years to make it back to finals several times and thrive. I hope for nothing but good things this year.  ( just don't go nutso with the wild-themed props. I also fear growling. I hate growling in drum corps )

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Brian Tuma said:

Unique theme. I can’t think of anything similar off the top of my head. Maybe 1996 Les Etoiles (Ironwill).

The "Avalanche" piece harkens back to Blue Knights in 2009 with their "Shiver" show.

Come to think of it, the announcement seems to me like a cross between that show and the Cavaliers' mountain-climbing escapade from the same year.

Love the music selections and I'm anxious to see what cleverness the BStars have cooked up for this summer...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ExPitster said:

The "Avalanche" piece harkens back to Blue Knights in 2009 with their "Shiver" show.

Come to think of it, the announcement seems to me like a cross between that show and the Cavaliers' mountain-climbing escapade from the same year.

Love the music selections and I'm anxious to see what cleverness the BStars have cooked up for this summer...

and since PR's pr about Joan puts their vids in the hill country as well, might this be the year of the mountains, women, and wolves???

Perhaps a bit biased here since I've been a Blue Stars fan for decades... but this show concept sounds really cool, in the tradition of many very interesting Blue Stars programs.  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, xandandl said:

How will that horn line mimic the wolf's howl?  Or will it be another electronic sample?

I hope the wolf howl's in LOS will be as dynamic as the Minneapolis Viking's horn cry at  US Bank Stadium. 

Maybe they can get Count Floyd from SCTV's Monster Chiller Horror Theatre. :tongue:

Edited by Fran Haring
  • Haha 2