Drum Corps in the year 2040

1 hour ago, HolyNOLA said:

What's your prediction on what the future holds? Here's my best guess:

-any, I mean any instrument will be allowed. Possible pit orchestras

-drum corps will integrate Broadway type elements where there are actual plays being performed on the field. Corps membership will rise to 225 to accommodate the extra "actors." The marching instrumentation will basically become the background music. 

-lasers, drones, jetpacks, etc

-corps dues will rise to 12k

-a seperate tour will be formed outside of DCI that will bring back kickbutt drill and music. Will last one season and fold. 

Will probably ruffle some feathers here but I don’t think drum corps will exist anymore in 10 to 15 years.  there might be some Corps around but there won’t be any more DCI tour/contests DCA contests  

• Confused 1

as long as no woodwinds, i'm good....if i'm still alive

If my son has any say in it, the third generation of my family will probably march Santa Clara or whatever it morphs into after all the Cavie people leave. In addition, a 1st-gen SCV alum (like yours truly) will get a call from some young whippersnapper (dagnabbit!) asking if I/we can come back to teach the ancient art of “real” high mark time....because we’ll still be able to do it. 💪

Edited by TRacer
Typoz

3 hours ago, Corpfan said:

This will probably ruffle some feathers. I predict there will not be enough young people with a work ethic strong enough to field any corps by 2040. 

You act like drum corps is like mining for coal. If anything drives away youngins in the future I think it will be rising costs.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

as long as no woodwinds, i'm good....if i'm still alive

The Godfather will be retired with more time on his hands and have a staggering 3 million posts. :worthy:

• Haha 1

Woodwinds will be allowed (that is coming long before 2040).  At the insistence of manufacturer "sponsors", they will not remain limited to solo use for long.

DCA will allow woodwinds two years after DCI does.  Two years after that, DCA will fold.

There will be fewer corps and fewer fans.  But with proportionately fewer events, the stands will appear just as populated.

Finals will be held at whatever Lucas Oil Stadium's name has changed to.  Some time around 2040, delays in construction of the next new Indianapolis stadium will force DCI to return to LOS for one more year.

Jetpacks will not be allowed, as they are contrary to member safety emphasis.

Four of the current top six will still be in the top six.

5 minutes ago, cixelsyd said:

Four of the current top six will still be in the top six.

Boston will have 137 members on their BOD and the corps will be the first and only corps to evar celebrate their hundredth anniversary.  They still will not die.

9 hours ago, Triple Forte said:

Will probably ruffle some feathers here but I don’t think drum corps will exist anymore in 10 to 15 years.  there might be some Corps around but there won’t be any more DCI tour/contests DCA contests  

I hope not. But why do you say this?