Boston Crusaders Guard (with brass and percussion accompaniment)

1 minute ago, CorpwithanS said:

BACCG!

••|•|•••

Good bot

1 hour ago, karuna said:

Interesting to see this phrase picked up by the rest of DCP.  Of course what it actually means is a blank check for the production budget.   Absolutely true that Crown did not give the designers an open-ended budget for production design.  They had a very definite (albeit generous) budget cap. 

Creative freedom in this instance is that the design staff decides what the program  will be with no directive from administration. All designers collaborate and no other captions are regarded as the voice of the production. All captions get what they need and it is not an open checkbook no matter what anyone presumes. So characterizing this as a fact is misleading and inaccurate.  But thanks for the continued support of BAC.  

• Like 5

11 hours ago, Cappybara said:

Why are you bitter? If anything you should be both amused and flattered. Crown has been placing better than BAC despite the exodus. 

The staff left because they were offered a copious amount of money and creative freedom as compared to their time at Crown

Well .. it’s is amusing that all the years CC had the “off the chain guard” there was not all of this ooo’ing and ahhh’ing. Relentless was flawless. 

Yeah let’s see what goes down Friday night H2H. 

1 minute ago, BWise said:

Well .. it’s is amusing that all the years CC had the “off the chain guard” there was not all of this ooo’ing and ahhh’ing. Relentless was flawless. 

Yeah let’s see what goes down Friday night H2H. 

Wasn’t BD still winning best guard all those years though? 

• Thanks 3

24 minutes ago, Den8uml said:

Wasn’t BD still winning best guard all those years though? 

Yes except 2016. But always very close.  

And BD may very well win the caption this year. I personally like the style of CC and now BAC more but .. just me. All the BD hair flipping drives me insane. 

19 hours ago, craiga said:

Sorry, but this dog's not gonna hunt.   All of BAC'S sections have exploded over the past couple years and nobody is in anyone elses shadow.  And, while I don't pretend to speak for the Boston visual design team, I can tell you that I have been writing drill for high school bands for 40 years, and I feature the guards more than ever.  This is a GE rich activity to begin with (even at the high school level) and when you look at a regional panel and see FOUR GE judges, promiment guard staging (particularly of a strong guard) makes all the sense in the world.

What type of dogs?🐕?🐩?🐶?🐺?🦊?

OR you meant this 🦁 not gonna hunt? 

:offtopic:

17 hours ago, craiga said:

Dear Lord, give me strength.

🙏 for the lost ones. :worthy::peek:

11 hours ago, LabMaster said:

Creative freedom in this instance is that the design staff decides what the program  will be with no directive from administration. All designers collaborate and no other captions are regarded as the voice of the production. All captions get what they need and it is not an open checkbook no matter what anyone presumes. So characterizing this as a fact is misleading and inaccurate.  But thanks for the continued support of BAC.  

I think the reference to $$$ is personal paychecks not design budget. 

1 hour ago, BWise said:

I think the reference to $$$ is personal paychecks not design budget. 

No it wasn't.  Creative Freedom has no monetary content to its definition.  And the reference WAS specifically aimed at production budget.  And I am with you on the BD hair flipping. 

• Like 2