Ankeny, IA - Wednesday, July 10, 2019

1 minute ago, Incognito365 said:

And yet it has been done before.

When was the last time a World Class corps jumped five corps in the final four weeks of A season? 

I’ll wait.

Edited by MikeRapp
  • Like 1

Colts on the upswing this year, very improved!! Well done!

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, PamahoNow said:

Where did they finish last year?

Ahead of where everyone originally had them. 😁

8 minutes ago, Sideways said:

Have they graduated high school yet?

Currently working on getting my masters. Thanks for asking! Lol.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, MikeRapp said:

When was the last time a World Class corps jumped six corps in the final four weeks of A season? 

I’ll wait.

Uh when it’s head to head we can ask if they are in seventh 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Lance said:

only thing that show's missing is norwegian wood...

That might make for an interesting discussion (for anyone to respond): if you had to do an all-Beatles show but couldn't use any of the songs they play in this year's show, what would you use?

For reference, I think this is what they play:

1. A medley of "Strawberry Fields", "Penny Lane", "Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band", "Revolution #9", "Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds", "A Day in the Life", the drum section from "The End", and "I Wanna Hold Your Hand"

2. "Eleanor Rigby"

3. "Within You Without You"

4. "Blackbird" (with a brief quote of "Dear Prudence" at the end)

5. A medley of "Come Together" and "I Want You (She's So Heavy)"

6. "The End" plus the final chord from "A Day in the Life" (but not nearly as long as on the album)

What am I missing? The DCI program book that's posed in the 2019 Programs thread here also lists these songs as part of their repertoire: "Love Me Do", "Here Comes the Sun", "Hey Jude", "What happens Now?", and "With a Little Help from my Friends". (1) Where are those songs in the show? I don't hear them. (2) What is "What Happens Now?" I can't find a Beatles song by that title. There is a Beatles song called "What Goes On?" on Rubber Soul. Is that the song they mean?

Also, some notable parts of Bluecoats' show doesn't really sound like Beatles arrangements at all. As others have noted, the four-part trumpet feature in "Eleanor Rigby" sounds like an excerpt from their 2013 and 2015 shows. And the fast standstill section in the middle of "Within You Without You", plus the chanted section after -- what is that?

But the Beatles had 20 number one hits on the U.S. pop charts, more than anyone else (and in only seven years), so there are plenty of choices.

1 minute ago, MikeRapp said:

When was the last time a World Class corps jumped five corps in the final four weeks of A season? 

I’ll wait.

Your point is that it's nearly impossible. My point is that it has been done before. No need to go looking up scores, we still have a month left. :wall: