DCI Southwestern Championship (San Antonio) - Saturday, July 20, 2019

How did I not catch Music City's entrance before?  That's hilarious.  They're really selling the 'mice scurrying around' thing.

• Like 2

Just now, Cadevilina Crown said:

Enjoy your time there!

(And while I know it’ll never happen, I hope one day there’ll either be a corps from Hawaii or a DCI show in Hawaii.)

Not to get off topic, but they actually have a really solid marching band scene there : ) A state championship and everything. Two of their bands, Mililani & Maui, have ventured into BOA the last few years, with Mililani actually finding success and making Semifinals at BOA in 2017. Mililani and a couple more groups have also sent winter guard to WGI frequently over the past ten years.

So...maybe a Hawaii drum corps looms ahead in the future!

• Like 1

Dad just asked "do they do the Three Blind Mice?"  

I don't know that I've caught it, but it would be a great finals night gag for them to send out guard in field judge apparel and mouse ears and play a tag of that real quick.

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Jake W. said:

Not to get off topic, but they actually have a really solid marching band scene there : ) A state championship and everything. Two of their bands, Mililani & Maui, have ventured into BOA the last few years, with Mililani actually finding success and making Semifinals at BOA in 2017. Mililani and a couple more groups have also sent winter guard to WGI frequently over the past ten years.

I would imagine the flight costs alone would make it so hard for logistics to work, but man would it be cool! Imagine having camps by the beach in one of the most beautiful places in the world.

1 minute ago, Jake W. said:

That they do. The travel costs have hampered them of course.  But when I was in high school, we did the Rose Parade and were lined up next to a band from Hawaii.  As we had 'time slot' for warmups, we played standard tuning then did our parade set for them.  They did theirs in return and dang they were impressive. 

1 minute ago, KVG_DC said:

Dad just asked "do they do the Three Blind Mice?"  

I don't know that I've caught it, but it would be a great finals night gag for them to send out guard in field judge apparel and mouse ears and play a tag of that real quick.

If this were the Velvet Knights, they could certainly pull it off.

But Music City isn’t quite that cheeky.

1 minute ago, Cadevilina Crown said:

If this were the Velvet Knights, they could certainly pull it off.

But Music City isn’t quite that cheeky.

For a little history St. Rita's Brassmen played 3 Blind Mice in 1971 I think....Hy Dreitzer charts

• Like 1