Allentown, PA - Friday, August 2, 2019

Just now, year1buick said:

In ‘94, Regiment had a show where the busses had to park about a mile from the stadium. After retreat, we formed up a block and started marching through the neighborhood. The streets were almost pitch black and it started pouring on us—just unloaded.

Since it was around midnight, it was just us out there, only illuminated by the occasional flash of lightning. I always like to imagine someone peaking through their curtains to get a look at the storm, seeing a flash of lightning...and the Phantom Regiment, marching by in complete silence, during a raging storm. (“What the...”[peeks back out. nothing but rain] “Must’ve been my imagination...”)

Oh Christ. I was a massive PR homer in high school.  Although I'd have been well past high school at this point, I would have LOVED to see that.  That would go right up there with my SCV story from 2000.  Went to quarters and came home humming Adagio.  Next morning I go for my walk around my apartment complex area in Laurel, MD.  I swear I'm still hearing Adagio ringing in my ears.  Toward the tend of the route I go back to the middle school....there's SCV working on the ballad.  So surreal.

• Like 2

My kid front and center on the multi-cam shot right on the front sideline. 

• Like 9

Blue Stars also nailing their show!

Drill!

Mellos!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, quijeros said:

Like Blue Stars' show, hate the uniforms.  They're overly garish.  It's like the designers' idea of the outdoors is based on an Old Navy commercial.

I agree more like Al from Home Improvement....lol

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, KVG_DC said:

Oh Christ. I was a massive PR homer in high school.  Although I'd have been well past high school at this point, I would have LOVED to see that.  That would go right up there with my SCV story from 2000.  Went to quarters and came home humming Adagio.  Next morning I go for my walk around my apartment complex area in Laurel, MD.  I swear I'm still hearing Adagio ringing in my ears.  Toward the tend of the route I go back to the middle school....there's SCV working on the ballad.  So surreal.

I would had to have called in. 🙂 (That’s one of my ALL TIME favorite drum corps moments.)

Edited by year1buick

Just now, TRacer said:

My kid front and center on the multi-cam shot right on the front sideline. 

Woo!  Get a screenshot tomorrow from Flo's soundless replays video.