Madison Scouts 2020

21 minutes ago, FlamMan said:

I had to go 4 or 5 pages in to find the scouts thread. It's awfully quiet in here which is unfortunate if it means most of the staff is returning. Not good.

Exactly. Missing finals 3 out of the last 4 years, and 5 out of the last 12, and yet there seems to be zero effort to build hype and excitement. There are rumors floating around, and if they're true I will be optimistic, but with CK in charge and nothing being put out there, seems like same old, same old.

16 minutes ago, tesmusic said:

Exactly. Missing finals 3 out of the last 4 years, and 5 out of the last 12, and yet there seems to be zero effort to build hype and excitement. There are rumors floating around, and if they're true I will be optimistic, but with CK in charge and nothing being put out there, seems like same old, same old.

It is amazing that this incompetent goof still has a job. The Scouts BOD has no balls. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, FlamMan said:

It is amazing that this incompetent goof still has a job. The Scouts BOD has no balls. 

But they let females in!!!!!  That is going to fix everything!!!!!  

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, HockeyDad said:

But they let females in!!!!!  That is going to fix everything!!!!!  

Well it’s not binary. There are plenty of co-Ed corps finishing in the bottom (and top) third of the tour. Going co-Ed May be a good move regardless.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, MikeRapp said:

Well it’s not binary. There are plenty of co-Ed corps finishing in the bottom (and top) third of the tour. Going co-Ed May be a good move regardless.

It helps the talent pool for sure, as there are just more talented people that can audition, but with how terrible design has been lately, missing finals 3 out of 4 years, and barely being in that other year, coupled with horrendous design and executive leadership, until they make announcements that prove that they're trying to get their #### together, I feel as though we're destined for a Friday night finish again.

Unless of course BDB and SCVC come to finals, then who knows.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Ghost said:

If this is the case, they may need some time to put a good spin narrative together.

Or maybe they're planning another leadership retreat, or trip to Panama about some farm that is supposedly going to be great financially, but really just gives CK and others a free trip on the corps dime to Panama.

On a side note, I sent a lengthy email to the new board president, and his response basically made it sound like CK should be walking on water and that the foundations of the organization have never been better.

#Iwishiwasjoking

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

49 minutes ago, MikeRapp said:

My point was that the ONLY thing they have to hang their hat on for 2020 that’s any different from 2019 is that they’re going coed. My reaction to that is:  why will this make any difference?  If you do nothing with this failed leadership team, why would females decide to march there anymore than males?  Going coed was the distractor from the real problem, which has not been fixed. So, why would we expect anything to change, placement-wise, in 2020?

2 minutes ago, Algernon said:

New program coordinator -  Josh Robb

Brass Arranger -  Daniel Montoya, Visual Designer -  Noah Bellamy, Guard -  Jennifer Leseth

same percussion guys

9484782d80b7b3097969e6995e86a4fa