Madison Scouts 2020

On 8/16/2019 at 2:07 PM, rpbobcat said:

Most of the Scout fans I know liked the overall style of the uniform except:

1.The color was too yellow.

2.At some point they should have switched to the same hats

the drum line had.

Same thing,most of the Scouts fans i know liked the show concept.

The problem was not being able to fully execute that concept.

I agree, and I loved them as well (not a MS alumni though). I was referring to the point the OP made about "if we go to a recognizable uniform and crowd-pleasing music, everyone will be happy"... uh, no... while people appreciated it, they aren't happy because the placement was so low.

I think there are multiple ways to adjust costuming to fit today's expectations and trends and yet still honor traditions. The Cavies have done this reasonably well, such as having drum majors always in a classic Cavaliers look (even if not always all green). BD does it reasonably well, too. PR struggles, though I like it when they bring back the helmets.

No matter. For me, there are higher priorities for the Scouts going forward than great fussing over traditional or modern uniforms. Staffing, design, recruiting, etc. Should be an interesting - exciting, I think - year for all things Scouts. Will be great to see them take the field next June.

• Like 2

I never adjusted to the Scouts’ historic uniform. I understand the reason for a tribute and history, of course. Was hoping they would eventually switch to dark green trousers.  The show itself showed regular improvement and was enjoyable at Indy (as seen on Flo). The look, however was too bland for my eyes. Honestly, my first impression of that look was telling me “Army Band from Indonesia.”

Hoping for more color next year and success with coed. Coed with swagger, that is!

Edited by Fred Windish
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Fred Windish said:

The look, however was too bland for my eyes. Honestly, my first impression of that look was telling me “Army Band from Indonesia.”

Love Madison, but that made me chuckle. 

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Fred Windish said:

...that look was telling me “Army Band from Indonesia.”

Saya tahu apa yang kamu maksud. Seragam itu tidak bagus!
Edited by Gantang

• 3 weeks later...

I had to go 4 or 5 pages in to find the scouts thread. It's awfully quiet in here which is unfortunate if it means most of the staff is returning. Not good.