DrumScorps

DCI World Championship Finals - Saturday, August 10, 2019

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, tommynev said:

The judges have given BD 10's in rep a few times in the last six years even when they performed second to last. And Boston got a 10 in guard rep going on 6th to last this year. Makes no sense, but that's DCI judging for you.

this is why I think judges should be able to use any hundredth number in their scoring,  so it could be possible to see 9.90, 9.93, 9.94, 9.97, 9.99 if the corps are that evenly matched that the differences are so miniscule that a tenth of a point is just too much based on the level of parity between these groups nowadays

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Tim K said:

No, Cavaliers have worn that uniform at retreat in previous years.

I have heard they purchased new old-style uniforms a few years ago, then went with themed uniforms since then. Makes sense to bring them out at Retreat and I'm thinking the MMs would love it. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, CrownBariDad said:

I have heard they purchased new old-style uniforms a few years ago, then went with themed uniforms since then. Makes sense to bring them out at Retreat and I'm thinking the MMs would love it. 

If I had time and access to my retreat photos, I could look at them to be certain, but I believe 2017 was the first year with the formal uniforms at retreat.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Tim K said:

If I had time and access to my retreat photos, I could look at them to be certain, but I believe 2017 was the first year with the formal uniforms at retreat.

I believe 2016. It was the first time they introduced the current drum major uniform (which was used as the base for 16/17 field corps uniforms)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

sotuh-hd1.jpgI’m just going to say...

i saw people wiping out on those scooters.  I saw on drumcorps Reddit that there were ER visits.  You had to really watch out for them crossing the street.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, bluecoats88 said:

this is why I think judges should be able to use any hundredth number in their scoring,  so it could be possible to see 9.90, 9.93, 9.94, 9.97, 9.99 if the corps are that evenly matched that the differences are so miniscule that a tenth of a point is just too much based on the level of parity between these groups nowadays

 

How about every 2 hundredths?  It's over twice as granular as the current every 5 hundredths, and when scores are divided by 2 it doesn't require an additional decimal place.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

sotuh-hd1.jpgI’m just going to say...

i saw people wiping out on those scooters.  I saw on drumcorps Reddit that there were ER visits.  You had to really watch out for them crossing the street.  

I heard that the city pulls dozens of them from the river each week.  Mostly, the locals hate them.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, garfield said:

I heard that the city pulls dozens of them from the river each week.  Mostly, the locals hate them.

There’s a Twitter page devoted to Chicago scooter hatred.  😂 

i had to use my cat-like moves to avoid them last week.  (That’s pure sarcasm right there) :laughing:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, garfield said:

I heard that the city pulls dozens of them from the river each week.  Mostly, the locals hate them.

There is an annual 48-Hour Film Project competition I will sometimes help with musical scoring. This year a team entered a film called "Birds" -- about the scourge of Bird scooters in Atlanta, more scooters than people.  I think it made the top 5 by the judges and the audience loved it, though I suspect the indy filmmaking crowd would probably be pro-scooter. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, CrownBariDad said:

There is an annual 48-Hour Film Project competition I will sometimes help with musical scoring. This year a team entered a film called "Birds" -- about the scourge of Bird scooters in Atlanta, more scooters than people.  I think it made the top 5 by the judges and the audience loved it, though I suspect the indy filmmaking crowd would probably be pro-scooter. 

They were all over in Atlanta, too. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.