Carolina Crown 2020

40 minutes ago, DrummerParent said:

I hope all corps keep their shows (unless given the circumstances they now seem inappropriate) as I would think a) if next season goes forward without interruptions then we’re in for a treat on how good shows will be or b) with interruptions but still a season then the performance level could be at normal levels.

If some corps don't make it to 21, those who survive might want to look at some talent from the folded corps.  If this did happen, some corps moving on may improve their rankings.

Edited by Ghost

3 minutes ago, DrummerParent said:

True.  I’m just hoping that by some miracle they all survive....

Not going to happen, sadly my beloved corps is one I don’t believe will.

I think it’s probable that there will be some corps, potentially even some popular corps that do not end up making it through this. In fact, I think there is a strong possibility that DCI as an organization will need to be underwritten to stay alive. And I don’t know that 2021 is a given at this point. If that’s the case, 2019 might have been the last year for DCI as we know it. 

• Sad 1

On 4/14/2020 at 12:44 PM, crownisking said:

I hope they’re just doing some standard fundraising and they aren't really in danger of going under. If Crown disappears I’m seriously going to weep. 

On 4/14/2020 at 1:34 PM, Incognito365 said:

I honestly don't know what I would do with myself. A huge hole would be left in my heart and in the lineup...

AFAICT Crown will make it through to next season but there are definitely corps in the top 12 who may not.   But that doesn't mean the corps is done for ever and ever.  I suspect most/all would be able bounce back after taking the 2021 season off. 

All that aside - GIVE, GIVE, GIVE!   If you love your corps, support them now when they most assuredly need your support.   

• Like 2

2 hours ago, karuna said:

AFAICT Crown will make it through to next season but there are definitely corps in the top 12 who may not.   But that doesn't mean the corps is done for ever and ever.  I suspect most/all would be able bounce back after taking the 2021 season off. 

All that aside - GIVE, GIVE, GIVE!   If you love your corps, support them now when they most assuredly need your support.   

If you or anyone for that matter has any inkling as to any corps in particular who is more likely than not,  on the edge of not making it to 2021, please let the DCP community know so donations may be given, or critical support may be provided,  to a corps most in need.  Some corps undoubtedly need more help than others, please let them be known.

On 4/14/2020 at 5:22 PM, Ghost said:

If some corps don't make it to 21, those who survive might want to look at some talent from the folded corps.  If this did happen, some corps moving on may improve their rankings.

How will that sit with the extended ageouts and 2020 contracted MM’s for corps that are/were full?