Staff merry-go-round

6 minutes ago, mjoakes said:

I think a rule like this is kind of silly. But DCI and its members are in a way better position than me to decide what’s in their best interests.

After observing this thread for a couple of years, it appears as though the rule serves very well some insiders (real or pretend, I wouldn’t know) who want to show off their insider-ness.

And a great way for an insider to become an outsider is to spew their supposed insider information. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, East9900 said:

Could anyone please explain why this rule exists?

21 minutes ago, LabMaster said:

Probably to minimize the inane and mostly unsubstantiated rumors about staff movement.  And not only unsubstantiated rumors but to thwart some troller's from creating and spinning rumors just to stir crapola up.

And how is that working out?

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Glenn426 said:

There is a pretty serious media opportunity for someone to monetize this arena. DCI Free Agency News.

In professional sports getting the scoop and making it public knowledge is a multi-million dollar industry. (Adam Schefter, Woj, Shams.., ) Granted in our little world the interest is not as great, but it is absolutely not against the rules to have a verified trusted source of something and making it public knowledge before the Organizations want it to be known. 

It's entertainment, We are all on this forum to discuss and pass the time, If we are dedicating this much time we are all somewhat fanatics of Drum Corps.

I find it strange that sharing stories is so taboo. Who are we protecting? A corps is going to fold because we know a week ahead of time what is already being agreed upon privately?

Just silly to me that this is where the line is on DCP and others arenas related to the marching arts... 

Especially for DCP itself. Can you imagine the Foot Traffic on this Thread and the site in general if there was actual speculation and names being discussed? This thread would have passed 100 pages already, and its a forum, a place where people with like interest come to share in the like-minded ness. 

2 minutes ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

And a great way for an insider to become an outsider is to spew their supposed insider information. 

right. If you drop a name and its wrong... Negative Reputation.. Thin out the weeds and leave those who really know to shine.. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, Glenn426 said:

Especially for DCP itself. Can you imagine the Foot Traffic on this Thread and the site in general if there was actual speculation and names being discussed? This thread would have passed 100 pages already, and its a forum, a place where people with like interest come to share in the like-minded ness. 

you mean like if someone said JD Shaw was going back to PR?

3 minutes ago, Algernon said:

you mean like if someone said JD Shaw was going back to PR?

Gimme Gimme! That's the Juice... 

haha 

• Like 1