Coronavirus

9 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

Just live your life.  You’re young.  It’s mostly dangerous for the elderly.  

Pretty much my thought as well. No matter what, things are going to happen the way they're going to happen. Be attentive and smart about it and you'll be fine. We have a case in Tennessee as well. But as Britt tells me, I have far more of a chance of accidentally offing myself in the shop doing something new and exciting. Britt refers to these little experiments as "DSS Disease" (Doing Stupid S###") and is fairly certain that I'll somehow impale myself with a pool cue part or something LONG before Covid 19 gets me. 

Edited by Weaklefthand4ever
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

My biggest problem is being TDF (too #### fat) but working on it. Inside joke from my sister is that I retired beginning of March so getting ribbed about age. 😜

Seriously keeping any eye out for where this is hitting and being careful otherwise. Interested to see if my church stops handshaking when sharing the peace. Never thought about that too much until guy didn’t shake because he was going thru chemo and had to be careful

I have never, EVER drank from the communal wine chalice at mass.  There is NO WAY that would ever happen for a germaphobe like me. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:
3 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

My biggest problem is being TDF (too #### fat) but working on it. Inside joke from my sister is that I retired beginning of March so getting ribbed about age. 😜

Seriously keeping any eye out for where this is hitting and being careful otherwise. Interested to see if my church stops handshaking when sharing the peace. Never thought about that too much until guy didn’t shake because he was going thru chemo and had to be careful

I have never, EVER drank from the communal wine chalice at mass.  There is NO WAY that would ever happen for a germaphobe like me. 

You know I never even thought about the peace offering or holy communion. If I wasn't afraid that I might spontaneously combust into flames, I'd go down to ST Peter and Pauls and ask father Mike what they do in these kinda situations. He probably remembers the "clicker incident" of 1983 though so I might wanna steer clear. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Weaklefthand4ever said:

Pretty much my thought as well. No matter what, things are going to happen the way they're going to happen. Be attentive and smart about it and you'll be fine. We have a case in Tennessee as well. But as Britt tells me, I have far more of a chance of accidentally offing myself in the shop doing something new and exciting. Britt refers to these little experiments as "DSS Disease" (Doing Stupid S###") and is fairly certain that I'll somehow impale myself with a pool cue part or something LONG before Covid 19 gets me. 

I’m a Scorpio.  ️  The astrological sign most likely to be murdered.  So I have that going for me. 😂 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

16 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

Then there was the period where the peace offering handshake became a fist punch for many weeks.  For years, after the handshake and just before getting up for communion, I take out the small alcohol bottle, put a drop or two in my left palm, then clean right index finger, thumb, and palm.  Good to go.  Helll, do we think the priest(s) and other servers finger tips are clean?

3 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

19 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

In Boston the cup was suspended when flu season began and shaking hands at the Sign of Peace when Corona Virus became a more serious issue.

I have had to drink from the Communion cup, extend my hand for the Sign of Peace, and have given the Sacrament of the Sick to contagious people. Haven’t knowingly caught anything yet. I could probably say if I caught anything by celebrating Mass or visiting the sick it was meant to be, but as someone who wanted to sign himself out of the hospital a few months back when I had a minor heart episode (my blood pressure was 201/150 when I arrived), I’m not a good patient so I probably would not be that diplomatic.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Ghost said:

Helll, do we think the priest(s) and other servers finger tips are clean?

Lol thought I was going to read at my new church one Saturday night and ended up holding the cup for others to dip the pita bread piece into. Always wonder who ends up sticking their fingers in it. Heavens knows I have problems seeing where the light colored wine in the light colored insides of the cup starts due to bifocals and people holding cup too high.

The stand holding communion elements also holds bottle of hand sanitizer. Part of the communion prep work for the minister 

Edited by JimF-LowBari

9 minutes ago, Ghost said:

Then there was the period where the peace offering handshake became a fist punch for many weeks.  For years, after the handshake and just before getting up for communion, I take out the small alcohol bottle, put a drop or two in my left palm, then clean right index finger, thumb, and palm.  Good to go.  Helll, do we think the priest(s) and other servers finger tips are clean?

I’ll take the fifth!😃

• Haha 1