What will corps do at the shows?

2 hours ago, GUARDLING said:

Posting is one thing POSTING can be quite another. Members have been sent home over " postings " most from facebook. Most corps to answer your question even DCA corps have discussed this with members over the past several years. This i know 1st hand😉

My advice to any new member would be focus on why you are where you are  learn, become part of something bigger than yourself, respect and for sure enjoy. An experience of a lifetime.

Gee, you sound like someone with experience in these matters.  

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Continental said:

Gee, you sound like someone with experience in these matters.  

Fortunately or UN fortunately...depends ..I can tell you sometimes during the audition process or interviews things do show through. Everyone deserves a chance BUT there are always those who all staff keep a very close eye on. Fortunately there are many who learn and learn fast and IMO are better off in so many ways, even when the season is over BUT there are always those who will never learn and that also seems to follow them around.

As I said for those who are looking for a great experience that the activity can offer, stay focused, listen, learn, respect etc etc. It's worth it. 

• Like 2

Few pages back I posted about some corps not wanting members to read DCP or SM. IIRC the reason (or one of the reasons) given was nasty reviews of shows. Staff didn’t want members to read it and let it get in their heads.

Sure there are plenty of reasons from over the years 

Edited by JimF-LowBari

10 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Few pages back I posted about some corps not wanting members to read DCP or SM. IIRC the reason (or one of the reasons) given was nasty reviews of shows. Staff didn’t want members to read it and let it get in their heads.

Sure there are plenty of reasons from over the years 

There used to be DCP night a while back on the buses, Mostly to act out some of the extreme posters, but the past few years most of the main characters of those times have been eradicated or gone away on their own. For the most part it's more about responding to some who's sole job was ( is ) just to antagonize . Very transparent

Edited by GUARDLING
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, GUARDLING said:

There used to be DCP night a while back on the buses, Mostly to act out some of the extreme posters, but the past few years most of the main characters of those times have been eradicated or gone away on their own. For the most part it's more about responding to some who's sole job was ( is ) just to antagonize . Very transparent

OMG - that's hysterical!

9 minutes ago, GUARDLING said:

Why did I think of RAMD all of a sudden.... 😫

• Haha 1