On 7/31/2022 at 4:58 PM, Kyle N. said:

but to see such a storied corps with such a difficult but inspiring history on the brink of the trophy AND everything else... Well. 

Thanks for making your first post about BAC.  I'm not too sure about a clean sweep in captions, but that is not really necessarily needed IMO.

Boston has dealt with so much adversity...This quote sums it up perfectly...

“The corps has persevered due to a combination of the ‘Crusader attitude,’ the will to disappoint others who would cheer the corps’ demise, and many people who, like myself, took no pay, but taught the corps out of Crusader pride”, said Jim Centorino brass arranger/instructor from 1972-1975.  (Kellerman 191)

Centorino continued, “It is easy to be part of a huge, respected, financially sound group when things are going well, but it takes a special kind of dedication to take on the responsibility of extinction, the Crusaders of today owe a great deal of their success to the fact that there still is a Boston Crusaders at all, having gone through at least a decade of misfortunes so harsh that when it seemed that the corps could sink no lower, there was a new crisis to overcome. In retrospect, those crises have become stepping stones to the corps’ successes and, if one digs just a few inches below the topsoil, those stepping stones are weather-beaten and worn, but like the monoliths at Stonehenge, still there.” (Kellerman 191)

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Been a while since I’ve posted and when I intended to I couldn’t remember my password… lol.

So proud of the corps this year! Anyone going to be In Glassboro?

• Like 5

1 hour ago, NavyCrusader1 said:

Been a while since I’ve posted and when I intended to I couldn’t remember my password… lol.

So proud of the corps this year! Anyone going to be In Glassboro?

Yes, I will be in Glassboro. I may watch Boston warm up since it is outdoors and can keep a good distance from the corps. Love watching Gino's passion when he is directing preshow. I decided to go to this show in case Allentown is a rain out. 

I have not replied in DCP for years, but I lived in Castleton for 4 years and enjoyed BAC every spring. As a music educator for 38 years, and alumni of New England Conservatory and BU,  I have appreciated Crusaders as a special organization. (It should be noted that BD and Cadets have always been my favorite corps). But it would be awesome for DCI if BAC was great enough to win. Certainly whatever corps is best, they deserve the Gold, but it would be great for the activity if an underdog had a chance. I was at Phantom's Spartacus win...

• Like 4