There are so many wonderful posts in this thread today. I can't overstate how heartwarming they've all been to read especially from @craiga@Tim K@LabMaster@Terri Schehr@KVG_DC @SuperSaderFan and others that I haven't specifically mentioned.

I have a very special message for any BAC corps member that happens to read this post in your off-time (if there is such a thing).

In less then two weeks, the final performance you all want is already inside every single one of you. You’ve already proven you are GIANTS (as have every other member, staff, and volunteer of this organization since 1940). You are already all winners in my eyes from the very first day you picked up a drum stick, a mallet, a horn, a flag, a saber, a rifle et al. Your are here now in this unique position by shattering various records set by other GIANTS that came before you. The practice of your craft is on FULL display for ALL to see. You can all march, play, spin, toss very, very well. I’ve seen it over and over and over this season.

The key to winning it all is to just get out of your own way. You are the only one putting limits on yourself. Everyone else thinks you are amazing, so why not you? Maybe you already believe in yourself, so this advice is for those that may have still a few small doubts. The time is now to be more kind to yourself and become your own cheerleader in the last couple of weeks before the last dance.

The entire BAC alumni, staff, friends, and I will be right there with you cheering you on all the way to the top!

I love all of you from the bottom of my heart!

• Like 8

1 minute ago, Liahona said:

There are so many wonderful posts in this thread today. I can't overstate how heartwarming they've all been to read especially from @craiga@Tim K@LabMaster@Terri Schehr@KVG_DC @SuperSaderFan and others that I haven't specifically mentioned.

I have a very special message for any BAC corps member that happens to read this post in your off-time (if there is such a thing).

In less then two weeks, the final performance you all want is already inside every single one of you. You’ve already proven you are GIANTS (as have every other member, staff, and volunteer of this organization since 1940). You are already all winners in my eyes from the very first day you picked up a drum stick, a mallet, a horn, a flag, a saber, a rifle et al. Your are here now in this unique position by shattering various records set by other GIANTS that came before you. The practice of your craft is on FULL display for ALL to see. You can all march, play, spin, toss very, very well. I’ve seen it over and over and over this season.

The key to winning it all is to just get out of your own way. You are the only one putting limits on yourself. Everyone else thinks you are amazing, so why not you? Maybe you already believe in yourself, so this advice is for those that may have still a few small doubts. The time is now to be more kind to yourself and become your own cheerleader in the last couple of weeks before the last dance.

The entire BAC alumni, staff, friends, and I will be right there with you cheering you on all the way to the top!

I love all of you from the bottom of my heart!

I’m sure someone will object but from spending time with the Boston alumni in Naples and elsewhere, I believe they are my favorites of all drum corps alumni.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, LabMaster said:

Trying to get a ticket for Allentown Friday night but having no luck with the DCI site.  Is there a trick to it or is it sold out? I don’t care where the seat is. Any advice is appreciated.

I have one.  But just one.  It’s on the upper deck, top row, at about the 35-40 yard line.  PM me if interested.  Im not looking to profit on it!

Coming here for the first time to say this. Address this one to all current and former members and staff. 

Three weeks ago I made a comment on one of the BAC performance videos not ever at all available on YouTube (it's a CAKE VIDEO ######). It was a simple comment: Crusaders will medal this year. After a second listening I amended that to include taking the perv caption. 

Oh ye of little faith! Turns out I wildly underestimated just how good the members this year are as well as underestimating the quality of the show itself. They're poised to make a clean sweep of everything and their overall score is rising faster than that of the Blue Devils. According to Reddit, that ever-reliable repository of truth and facts, the only time a clean sweep has been done (since the scoring sheets changed in the 1980s) was with the Cadets in 2005 when they performed "The Zone: Dreamscapes in Four Parts with a Door". 

Even if BAC doesn't sweep at Finals, it's safe to say they'll at least medal and probably take percussion as well, but to see such a storied corps with such a difficult but inspiring history on the brink of the trophy AND everything else... Well. 

All I can say is, from a DCI fan going back to 1990 (my first exposure) and a one-time member of another corps... I'm amazed and excited to see you all in position to take it all. 

If you do take the trophy, and the odds for that are IMO better than a coin toss between you and Devs... the audience reaction will completely eclipse what happened in the years when Crown and Bluecoats took it home for the first time. 

I know some of the history of your corps just through bits gathered here and there, and given the quality of the show and the membership this year... that Founder's Trophy is well within reach. 

We'll know in under two weeks. Make Finals your peak and I'm almost certain that trophy will be yours. 

Good luck! 

3 hours ago, LabMaster said:

Trying to get a ticket for Allentown Friday night but having no luck with the DCI site.  Is there a trick to it or is it sold out? I don’t care where the seat is. Any advice is appreciated.

People will be selling good seats outside the gate 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, LabMaster said:

LabMaster just go there and a lot people sell very good seats out in front of the stadium..